M&E Clerk of Works
£25 - 35 per hour
about 2 months ago
Build are currently working with a North West based HA as they look to appoint an interim Clerk of Works
Our client has been successful in winning an ERDF (European Regional Development Funding) grant for 50% of a £4.2m for a low carbon housing innovation project, which will see the installation of renewable heating systems, upgraded insulation and a programme of community engagement across a full neighbourhood.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with drive and passion who will work with the construction teams as a Clerk of Works, to provide a full range of professional technical support, and Clerk of Work services on the ERDF Scheme but it may be necessary to provide assistance on other work sites when requested.
The post will monitor progress of the works as well as ensuring the quality of the completed work packages are acceptable. As an experienced Clerk of Works, the successful applicant will also work with all parties to ensure that the necessary health and safety rules and good practice are followed at all times.
We expect the successful applicant to have a knowledge of all aspects of mechanical and electrical installations within the construction sector including contractual matters, legislation, inspection of domestic property and the diagnosis and remedy of building defects and, in particular, we are keen that the successful applicant can demonstrate a good understanding and capability of the following key areas.
• Review of designs, specifications, works information, scopes, technical submittals, requests for information and Early Warnings
• Inspection of a wide variety of building services, reporting on their completeness, quality, compliance against the design (Works Information), witnessing verifications, testing and commissioning and reviewing all record documentation for accuracy.
• Working collaboratively with contractors and suppliers to maintain good and effective working relationships whilst working in tenanted homes.
• Understanding of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007
• To be able to engage with customers before, during and post contract to provide advice on the operation and help resolve technical concerns.
For more information please apply below or contact Jen Radcliffe on 07879742988
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.