£36k - 38k per year
3 months ago
Legal Disrepair Officer – Housing
Up to £38,000
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Build Recruitment are currently working with a leading housing provider in the Central London region who are looking to recruit a Legal Disrepair officer into their organisation on a 12 month Fixed Term basis.
The Legal Disrepair Officer will:
- Use technical expertise to specify and analyse repairs required to rectify defects, aiming to carry out cost effective repairs and maintenance driving down costs where necessary, monitor and check the repairs and maintenance work to ensure that they are completed to the required standard within agreed timescales and to the satisfaction of the tenants and relevant management staff.
- To attend single and joint inspections, pre and post inspections and other routine inspections, scheduling, agreeing and ordering works, and monitoring to completion, including agreeing variations. Act as planning supervisor on projects undertaken by the disrepair team.
- Maintain control of costs by specifying accurately and completely all the required work necessary for the rectification of a defect. Raise works orders correctly, in line with current procedures.
- Manage and monitor service and maintenance contracts to ensure compliance to Council requirements and an improved disrepair service, including taking action for poor performance under the contract. Procure contractors for the supply of services (specialist and general contractors and suppliers) in line with Contract Standing Orders.
- Keep all appropriate databases properly updated to ensure that full information on cases are properly recorded and monitored. Utilise wireless technology where directed.
The Legal Disrepair Officer will need:
- Substantial experience of dealing with the public, resolving queries/problems or giving advice.
- Substantial experience of repairs & maintenance service delivery, sustainability and construction at a senior management level, substantial experience of administering building related Contracts at a senior level.
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets.
- Substantial experience of effective case management and co-ordination of complex matters.
If this would be of interest, please get in touch with Jack Burgess at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.