£33k - 37k per year + pension and generous holiday allowance
7 days ago
Legal Disrepair Officer - London Bridge - £33,000 - £37,000 DOE plus pension and benefits.
12 month Fixed Term Contract - Flexible working arrangements
Property Services Dept, Legal Disrepair Team.
Purpose of the job
To investigate and manage legal disrepair and arbitration cases, including inspecting properties and arranging repairs, producing reports and answering complaints to a high standard. To provide excellent customer service to tenants and leaseholders who are in the disrepair process, ensuring properties are maintained or returned to the standard and quality required by the organisation's policies. To have day to day supervision of maintenance term contractors, including liaison with partnering supervisors, and taking action under the contract where necessary to ensure an effective disrepair service
- Use technical expertise to specify and analyse repairs required to rectify defects, driving down costs where necessary, monitor and check the repairs and maintenance work to ensure that they are completed
- To attend single and joint inspections, pre and post inspections. Act as planning supervisor on projects undertaken by the disrepair team.
- Maintain control of costs by specifying accurately and completely all the required work necessary for the rectification of a defect. Raise works orders correctly, in line with current procedures.
- Manage and monitor service and maintenance contracts
- To represent as required in court and arbitration proceedings
- Knowledge of contract management in a maintenance environment
- Understanding of landlord/tenant matters, leaseholder consultation requirements and contract dispute and resolution
- A degree qualification, (or HNC Building Studies or equivalent and working towards a degree qualification) (Desirable)
- Substantial experience of repairs & maintenance service delivery, sustainability experience of administering building related Contracts at a senior level
- Substantial experience of dealing with the public, resolving queries/problems or giving advice
- Able to effectively plan and organise a wide and challenging workload
For more information - please forward your CV for review and contact email@example.com for an informal discussion on the role.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.