£35k - 45k per year
4 months ago
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor on behalf of one of our clients, a market leading main contractor specialising in housing refurbishment.
Our client are looking to hire a graduate or undergraduate Quantity Surveyor to join their team working across several sectors, offering a number of multidisciplinary construction services and a diverse selection of projects. Offering great exposure to the industry, and the opportunity to gain experience.
The role includes Working closely with both the clients Surveyor and site team to help manage and track the commercial aspects of a project.
Below are some of the responsibilties for this position:
- Recording and monitoring variations to the contract, and ascertaining the costs involved
- Managing with clients, contractors and colleagues. You’ll be office-based whilst regularly visiting clients.
- You will need to attend meetings with clients and advise them on any commercial issues that arise
- Forecasting the final costs of projects or work packages (individual contracts within a project)
- You will review tender documents and contract variations and use this to calculate the final figure payable
- Compiling monthly reports to show the progress of a project. Tasks include recording costs incurred and future costs, producing summaries showing monies coming in and going out, monitoring risks, and reporting on factors likely to affect profitability
- Measuring construction works on site also involves recording progress and valuing the work, based on agreed contract rates with both clients and Subcontractors
You will require the following:
- Experience within the social housing sector
- Industry relevant degree or qualification
- Valid Driving licence
If this role is of interest to you please contact email@example.com or call 07538 636 965
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.