£350 - 500 per day
2 months ago
Interim Head of Health & Safety
12 weeks, on-going temporary contract
Day rate from £350 - £500 per day, Immediate start
My client is a leading provider of social housing, operating from their office in Basingstoke, currently looking for an Interim Head of Health & Safety for a 12 week - onging contract.You will be responsible for my client's approach to health and safety, championing safety and developing a positive safety culture. The Head of Safety Services will not only be a key subject matter expert, but will lead the Safety Services team ensuring an effective and trusted central team.
- The Head of Safety Services will ensure we achieve that objective through a clear strategic approach, innovation, key relationship building and the provision of an excellent enabling service.
- Working to achieve and maintain organisational compliance with health and safety legislation, codes of practice and guidance through an agile and risk focussed service delivery model.
- The post holder will provide a range of technical and non-technical support, problem solving and project management and ensure that regular performance reports, management reports, business cases and insight to support performance improvements and to enhance safety culture.
- Leading the development and maturing of our safety culture
- Being accountable for the ongoing development and implementation of the safety strategy, delivering the Corporate Plan objective of being sector leading
- Responsibility for Health and Safety Policy including the supporting safety framework
- Preparation and delivery of the annual Safety Services Action Plan
- Setting out our provision of incident management and business continuity framework
- Accountability for health and safety advice, guidance, audit and assurance activities
- Providing robust management information and assurance to the Board, Executive Board, Health & Safety Leadership Group, Audit & Risk Committee on health and safety matters
Must hold a professional qualification in Health and Safety such as a NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and demonstrate strong technical knowledge of safety and compliance.
Forward thinking, inspiring leader with a track record of promoting and maturing a strong safety culture across all levels of an organisation.
For more information please apply within or contact Kieran.Williams@buildrec.com for further information.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.