£400 - 600 per day
8 months ago
Interim Building Safety and Compliance Specialist
Location: Milton Keynes
Contract duration - up to 6 months, on-going
Rate of pay: £400 - £600 (Inside IR35) Depending on experience
Candidates must be available within a short notice period and have access to own vehicle
This is an opportunity to work as a key member of the Asset Management & Investment Team to monitor, develop and improve my client's approach to Building Safety and Compliance in line with current and developing legislation.
The role will support the team and wider Housing Service to ensure they meet their statutory responsibilities as a building owner and landlord. My client has an ambitious planned investment programme to improve their homes over the next four years and this role will be key in ensuring the works they do provide safe and comfortable homes for their residents. You will be involved in shaping the team as they respond to the current and future challenges faced by the housing sector.
To ensure we achieve our desired outcomes you will:
- Lead on safety & compliance related areas including fire safety, asbestos management, water hygiene, gas, electrical installations, lifting operations and management of high rise buildings.
- Ensure works on my client's homes are carried out safely and in line with legislation, guidance and good practice.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and managing of partnering contracts in relation to compliance activities such as gas servicing.
- Foster excellent internal and external working relationship with residents, councillors, partnering contractors, stakeholders and regulators to enhance service delivery.
- Develop policies and procedures which reflect current and pending legislation around health & safety and compliance activities
- Measure and monitor my client's compliance activities and deliver improvements
- Ensure data around compliance is maintained, accessible and can provide information to manage risk as well as inform future works and expenditure.
To be successful you will need experience, qualifications and skills, including:
- Possess a degree level qualification or equivalent through relevant training/significant experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body and H&S qualification such as NEBOSH
- Proven experience within social housing in relation to compliance and health & safety
- Experience of managing and monitoring significant capital and revenue budgets
- Able to lead, develop, motivate and manage teams of direct staff and contractors delivering a variety of services
- Experience of assessing risks and advising on measures to mitigate and manage them.
- Strong and well-reasoned analytical and decision-making skills, and the ability and self-assurance to report to a variety of audiences.
- Able to manage complex maintenance and investment projects, mitigating risks during the delivery of the works and ensuring outcomes meet all appropriate standards.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a new challenge apply today. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07487 847467.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.