£26 - 30 per hour
3 months ago
Temporary Building Surveyor - Asset Management Department
3 month - ongoing contract
Rates £26-30/hour depending on experience
Immediate start available
Build Recruitment are working in partnership with a leading provider of social housing in Welwyn Hatfield, due to increased workload we are looking to recruit two Building Surveyors on temporary contracts.
The main accountabilities are;
- Devising annual planned and cyclical work programmes
- Managing major capital, planned and cyclical projects and work programmes
- Manage and oversee the main contractor delivering the works
- Carry out appraisals and project manage bespoke major workstreams
- Carry out H&S checks and mitigate associated risks
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working within the construction industry / customer focused housing environment/ Evidence of continual professional development and training.
- Awareness of planning legislation, building regulations and health and safety (inc. work place H&S) regulations.
- An ability to make technical decisions and problem solve whilst ensuring value for money is delivered. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of how buildings are constructed and common defects.
- Ability to carry out surveys and inspections and producing reports utilizing a range of Microsoft products eg Word, Excel, Project and Outlook. Have analytical skills to manipulate and present data.
- Candidates with social housing experience (local authority or housing association), with the relevant experience would be encouraged to apply.
For more information please contact Kieran Williams from Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.