£30,260 - 33,690 per year
FMJ Jobs 0193
10 days ago
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
Our Estates Services Directorate is the largest landlord in Government. Looking after 170 operational HMRC offices plus ancillary properties. Our purpose is to ensure a safe, secure and efficient working environment for our people which represents good value for money to the taxpayer. We are at the forefront of delivering the largest estates transformation programme across government – Building Our Future Locations – which is responsible for delivering Phase One of the Government Hubs Programme, including the 13 regional centres, transitional sites and specialist sites, which are due to be completed in the early 2020’s.
About the Role
The Incident Control/Business Continuity Planning Manager supports the Regional Implementation Team within Estates Services.
The role will have day-to-day responsibility for the Regional Centres Incident Control and Business Continuity readiness in line with departmental standards.
They will also be a key figure in responding to any incident that occurs.
The key areas of responsibility are recognised as but are not limited to:
• Ensure that a fire safety plan is in place and that the building fire safety and emergency procedures fulfil departmental and legal requirements
• Responsible for all aspects of all fire safety elements of the ICO role including development of the incident marshal role
• Retain copies of PEPs for staff and visitors to the building to ensure they are managed and coordinated within the site emergency evacuation procedures
• To act as lead during an emergency situation and take charge of incident, make decisions and have instructions followed to ensure the safety of the building occupants.
• Liaise with and assist the Police, Fire and emergency services and make decisions in the light of information received
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.