£15.53 per hour
about 1 month ago
Build Recruitment are currently seeking a Housing Officer to provide an effective and flexible housing management service (independently or supporting housing officers in the team), which can include estate management, sign up of new tenancies, tenancy support and management, nuisance and anti-social behaviour. You will also be required to provide assistance with rent arrears and service charge management and resident involvement.
This is a temporary position for approximately 12 weeks, Monday - Friday and a total of 37 hours per week. Working hours will be between 8:30 am and 17:00 pm.
It is essential you hold a clear driving licence and access to your own vehicle as you will be required to travel on a regular basis.
You will be able to:
- Provide effective management /support of properties in liaison with functional housing teams and other departments.
- Effective tenancy management and support from application including arrears advice, successions, joint to sole / sole to joint & all related issues. Undertake tenancy visits.
- Undertake home visits to transfer list applicants, emphasising the arrears recovery policy, assess applications in line with policy and provide appropriate information to assist in the accurate registration of applicants
- Assist tenant & resident groups, in liaison with the Resident Involvement team. Undertake landlord liaison role with existing & new groups, providing information on all aspects of services affecting the area. Participate in service charge consultation processes.
- Undertake neighbourhood walkabouts with Property Services staff and resident representatives and other agencies in accordance with the Neighbourhood Guide. Produce action plans as required, with particular emphasis on chargeable contracts and services to shared owners and leaseholders.
Please be aware we will be unable to respond to all applicants due to the high level of response and will only be contacting successful candidates.