£16 - 17 per hour
8 months ago
Build Recruitment are currently looking for an experienced Allocations Officer to work within the procurement team. You will be able to deal with all issues such as Allocations, Temporary Accomodation and procurment. You will show a good understanding of all the Housing Legislations and be able to adapt and develop skills in order to manage clients as well as possible.
You will be assessing potential tenants accessing the housing register to ensure the legality and suitability of every allocation. Responsible for meeting statutory requirements, performance indicators and targets in the letting of all social housing, whilst delivering a range of housing solutions.
- Working proactively using initiative and knowledge to apply appropriate options to tackle housing needs
- To manage applications for social housing, including those of a complex nature and be responsible for applying the law and policies appropriately and ensuring that the Council’s Housing Allocations Policy is implemented
- Lead on a particular topic and/or liaison with a partner department or agency as directed by the Housing Allocations Manager. Ensure that colleagues are briefed on relevant issues relating to the topic/liaison
- Provide information for new tenants about the properties and services available and ensure this information is regularly updated while liaising with tenancy management colleagues to ensure that the sign up process is efficient and informative for the client.
- Current in date DBS
- Previous experience working within allocations
- Clean Driving Licence and access to own transport
- Knowledge of current Housing Legislation and Homelessness Act.
- Knowledge in relation to available housing stock and ability to meet the needs of the client and hard to let vacancies
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and an ability to apply and enforce it
- Knowledge of data protection legislation, especially relating to customer records.
Please apply immediately if you fit the above requirements or forward an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org