Southend on Sea
£11.76 - 15.13 per hour
0203 176 4790
about 2 months ago
A Temporary Medical Equipment Technician based in Essex is required within a hospital trust for 3 months.
37.5 hours - 3 months (initially)
The role purpose -
To provide total medical equipment management services to Hospitals. This includes Procurement, Acceptance, Maintenance and Service, co-ordinate clinical staff training and decommissioning and disposal.
Duties of the role -
The role is responsible to ensure that equipment operates effectively and safely with the minimum of downtime. Clinical equipment covered incorporates complex electrical, electronic, mechanical, computer and medical gas based systems.
The post holder provides support to electrical and electronic related medical equipment, which includes the scheduled planned preventative maintenance (PPM), servicing, repair, calibration and acceptance testing on a wide range of medical equipment within the electrical / electronic field.
- Perform a range of technical duties, guided by procedures involving autonomous work on both general and complex medical equipment in the clinical and workshop environment to ensure the optimum effectiveness, reliability, availability and safety of medical devices.
- To commission, calibrate, deploy and maintain a wide range of complex medical devices e.g. Infusion Devices, Patient Monitoring, Defibrillators, etc.
- Investigate and test medical devices, analysing the results to diagnose faults or problems on complex medical devices. Demonstrating equipment operation and techniques to individual clinical users where this is a solution to a problem. Communication of investigation results to users, colleagues and suppliers, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Using primarily computerised systems, make accurate equipment maintenance history records and other information supporting audit, quality and performance monitoring.
- Ensure all duties are delivered in an efficient, safe, professional and organised way according to Section policies, procedures and Health and Safety documentation.
- Ensure all medical devices are ready for deployment from the Medical Equipment Library and respond in an empathetic and proficient manner for faults relating to patient connected equipment.
- Using knowledge and experience of clinical procedures involving medical devices, liaise with clinical and technical staff to ensure medical devices are deployed and used safely and where appropriate contribute to the training of technical, medical and nursing staff and patients in the proper care and effective use of medical devices.
- Liaise with medical device suppliers to obtain technical and commercial information in relation to equipment maintenance and evaluation.
- First line support of instrumentation interfaces to specialist clinical computer systems, liaising with IT to resolve problems as necessary.
- Monitor stocks and initiate orders to ensure the timely and adequate procurement of medical device parts and accessories to maintain devices in a serviceable condition.
- In consultation with Medical Equipment Team Leader, comment and contribute to planned maintenance schedules and section procedures to develop the service in an effective and efficient manner.
- Participate in departmental meetings to ensure continued development of the department and its effective use of a quality system (ISO9001:2015)
- Liaise with users and other team members to prioritise and plan own workload to ensure optimum efficiency in responding appropriately to urgent requests. Complete and review equipment and job audits to ensure quality and performance targets are met.
- Work activities may involve the exposure to unpleasant conditions e.g. body fluids and distressing situations in clinical environments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
HNC Electronics / 5 years experience in General electronics
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.