£54k - 55k per year + car allowance + industry leading benefits
020 3176 4790
H&S - Bath
about 1 month ago
Role: Health, Safety and Fire Manager
Location: Bath - With travel across Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire
Salary: £55,000 + car allowance + industry leading benefits
Sector: Housing Development & Property Services
My client is a leading new build housing developer, property maintenance and estates regeneration organisation who are based in the South West, due to growth of the business in recent months they are looking to appoint a Health, Safety & Fire Manager to join the team out of their offices close to Bath.
The ideal candidate would have a background in the construction, social housing or housing maintenance sector and have 4/5 years in a similar position where they have been responsible for managing H&S within a large organisation and managing a team of safety professionals beneath them. The role requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written and strong negotiation skills to ensure that the business develops their Health and Safety compliance culture in a consistent manner.
- Creating a continuous improvement culture to ensure systems and processes are compliant with external and internal H&S policies and regulations;
- Reviewing the organisations H&S policies and procedures, creating strategic proposals and gaining commitment from the board of directors to develop these across the business;
- Providing assurance of compliance with H&S to senior management.
- Developing and maintaining the group’s fire strategy, policies and procedures;
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on H&S matters, acting as a main point of contact;
- Developing and driving implementation of programmes which tackle critical H&S issues; and undertaking site inspections, audits and accident investigations as required.
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ in Occupation Health & Safety
- Chartered member of IOSH or working towards
- Full UK Driving license
- Experience of working in the social housing or construction sector
In return my client offers a competitive in the region of £55,000 + car allowance + industry leading benefits package. If you are interested in the position or would like more information about the role then please get in touch | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com | 07415 259 073 |
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.