£60k - 65k per year + Benefits
020 3176 4790
H&S/CDM - Birmingham
about 2 months ago
Role: Health & Safety Director - Construction / Consultancy
Sector: Construction Consultancy
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + Car Allowance + Industry leading benefits package
My client are an innovative and ambitious organisation within the construction sector who have several offices based throughout the UK. The company who have an office in Birmingham are looking to recruit a Health & Safety/CDM Director who can set up their H&S/CDM function within the business, the role would suit someone who has an entrepreneurial flare and looking to put their years of experience to use and setup, run and develop a CDM / H&S division for my clients business. You would have at least 5 years’ experience working in a similar position where you have been responsible for developing an organisations Health & Safety and CDM policies as well as managing a team of H&S professionals.
- Deliver HSE management audits, ensuring an up-to-date schedule for necessary and appropriate audits is maintained.
- Ensure the systems and processes you implement, follow best industry practice (ISO 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001, (or similar alternatives).
- Lead the development and maintenance of the HSE training strategy. Support its delivery to enable standards of H&S competence are achieved and maintained.
- You will pioneer your own initiatives which embrace innovation, systems and processes.
- Ensure the business is operating best processes and meet or exceed compliance with company standards and legislative requirements.
- You will proactively engage with the Managing Directors, Divisional Directors and the Health and Safety team to help develop the H&S strategy for the business.
- You will produce high level reports detailing Health Safety and Environmental performance for analysis at Group Board level
- Manage and grow a team of H&S / CDM professionals and assist with their progression and development
- Adhere to and follow the 2015 CDM regulations and advise clients and contractors on all safety / risk on projects.
What you'll need, to succeed:
- NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ / BSc in Occupational H&S
- Relevant professional memberships eg. IOSH / APS
- 5+ years experience in a Director / Head of H&S position ideally for a construction consultancy
- Construction industry specific experience
- Full UK Driving License
The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and clients, strong negotiation skills to ensure that all sites develop their Health and Safety compliance culture in a consistent manner.
If you are interested in the position or would like to know more then please get in touch | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com | 07415 259 073 |
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.