£60k - 70k per year + Benefits
020 3176 4790
3 months ago
Role: Health & Safety Manager
Location: Central London
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 + travel allowance + benefits
My client is one of the UK’s leading civil engineering and rail contractors who are currently looking to bring onboard a Health & Safety Manager to join one of their exciting rail projects based in Central London. The ideal candidate will have worked for a principal rail / engineering contractor for the last 2 / 3 years in a H&S capacity and be familiar with the sector.
The candidate will be responsible for liaising with the Lead Health and Safety Manager on the project to ensure the continued health, safety and wellbeing of everyone working on the scheme and the general public through the provision of leadership, guidance and support compliant with legislation, client requirements and industry best practice.
- Providing support to the Lead Health and Safety Manager and mainly, but not exclusively, to the construction team in the safe delivery of the contract through the companies health and safety strategy.
- Ensure project compliance with statutory legislation, rail regulations, contractual safety requirements and industry best practice.
- Assist in the preparation and review of risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Actively promote behaviours key to a positive health and safety culture.
- Support and carry out inspection and monitoring activities and effectively use the arising data.
- Develop and deliver inductions and training as required
- Assist in and carry out investigations of accidents and incidents and support the implementation and timely close out of corrective actions.
- Ensure that key H&S data including incident, monitoring, engagement and audit findings are recorded in the appropriate management database and are used to inform learning and drive forward improvement.
- Visibly active both within the office and site environments.
- Set a personal example of the behaviours that positively influence H&S attitudes.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 3/5 years’ experience in construction with major projects (civil / infrastructure)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and ability to communicate effectively at all levels throughout the project.
- Tech IOSH membership working towards Grad/CMIOSH status
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence both project team and key stakeholders.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- NEBOSH Construction / Diploma / NVQ in H&S
In return my client offers a competitive rate / salary for the position plus routes within the businesses structure for professional progression.
If you are interested in the position or would like more information about the role then please get in touch | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com | 07415 259 073 |
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.