£40k - 50k per year + Car/Allowance & Package
4 months ago
Role: Health & Safety Manager
Salary: up to £50k
Location: South East London
Sector: Construction - Refurbishment
We have an immediate requirement for a talented individual to take on full responsibility for our client's Health, Safety and Environmental systems. They have an excellent existing HSE culture in place fully supported by Senior Management. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to manage, refine and develop our systems and people as we prepare for our next exciting stage of growth.
Our client is a privately owned main contractor specialising in refurbishment with up to 15 live sites at anyone time across a borad range of sectors. We are looking for a self-motivated professional to join them who is able to work autonomously but collaboratively to manage and maintain the Health, Safety, and Environmental processes and procedures in line with company objectives.
Key Measures of Success
- Company compliance with all Health & Safety and Environmental legislation
- Maintenance of all company HSE accreditations
- All pre-contract HSE targets met or exceeded
- All post-contract HSE targets met or exceeded
- Client Satisfaction
Areas of Responsibility
- Management, development and implementation of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy
- Coordinate CDM activities in line with current regulations as the Principal Contractor including writing of CPHSPs and Health & Safety Files, liaison with other CDM stakeholders
- Conduct Site Audits, resulting Action Reports and all remedial measures.
- Manage company systems including all processes, procedures, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH documents.
- Assist the Office Manager with our existing ISO9001 and 14001 accreditations including monitoring and reporting activities in accordance with 9001, 14001 standards, including UKAS third party audit
- Produce and deliver staff inductions, training and briefings as identified by planned works, current best practice and changes in legislation.
- Produce and maintain the company’s HSE Competence/Training Matrix.
- Lead on all incidents and accident investigations
- Manage the internal HSE audit process and monitor Standage business to ensure legislative and project requirements are met.
- Identify and procure specialist training for staff and management team.
- Provide legislative and regulation advice to the SMT on all matters relating to HSE to ensure compliance.
- Provide out of hours support for emergencies and events.
- Be the liaison and interface between the client and contractor HSE management.
- Be the point of contact for the HSE and Environment Agency
- To make recommendations to the SMT for system improvements and capital investments
- To develop and maintain a personal network capable of benefitting the business performance
- Conformance to all legal requirements and maintenance of an appropriate exposure to commercial risk at all times
- Customer Relationship Management of existing customers and new relative to project delivery
- To assist with bids and marketing material and campaigns with relation to HSE information
- To assist other members of the SMT in fulfilment of their roles and responsibilities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an HSE role
- A recognised qualification in Health & Safety, e.g. NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 4/5 Occupational Safety & Health Practice or above
- Ability to understand and interpret the requirements of UK health, safety and environmental legislation
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.