£48k - 52k per year + bonus, pension, health
4 months ago
Health and Safety Manager
£48 – 52k + Package
My client is recruiting a Health and Safety Manager, this is a high profile, heavily legislated and strategically important role that provides health, safety and compliance oversight and assurance to departmental leadership teams, influencing the allocation of resources ensuring compliance with all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
As the key departmental Health and Safety Manager you will design departmental health and safety plans to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice requirements, provide professional advice, guidance, support and assistance to the chief executive, cabinet members, senior directors and other stakeholders across the business. The Health and Safety Manager will lead on the design, development and implementation of a new departmental health and safety management system.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current organisational health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice, policies, and procedures applicable to local authorities
- Graduate or working towards Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (I.O.S.H.)
- A degree or IOSH Diploma in health & safety or equivalent qualification
- Accredited Quality Safety Auditor
- Practical understanding of health and safety issues pertinent to the department
- Knowledge of occupational health and behavioural based safety
- Pragmatic and collaborative approach to Health and Safety with experience of providing Health and Safety advice within a multi site public sector or blue chip organisation
- Experience of developing and conducting audits, accident investigation and inspections reporting outcomes and making recommendations
- Experience of analysing health and safety data and able to explain and present data to all levels of staff and managers in the council
- Experience of working on own initiative with limited supervision or direction
- Experienced in developing and implementation of health and safety strategies, policies, procedures and systems
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.