Position: Health and Safety Manager
Sector: Construction- Social Housing
Salary: £40,000- £50,000 + Package
My client, a family-owned business that has been operating for over 40 years specialising in social housing maintenance are on the look for a Health and Safety Manager.
- To implement and develop all aspects of Health and Safety, and ISO quality standards and ensure they are implemented across the company in conjunction with the business key objectives and with the assistance of the Senior Management Team
- To monitor, evaluate and review new and forthcoming Health and Safety and Business Risk legislation and ensure the company has process, procedure, and systems in place to meet the required legal compliance.
- Identify and agree performance standards and objectives for the company, departments, and individuals and analyse feedback from proactive and reactive reporting.
- To liaise closely with the Directors and Senior Management Team to discuss technical SHEQ issues, corroborate that the role requirements are in line with the business objectives, and to ensure compliance and governance standards are met.
- Undertake Monthly Site Inspections to monitor on site the application of their Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental management, process, procedure, and systems to ensure compliance and drive continuous improvements.
- To enable the development and delivery of training in health, safety and related environment matters to meet the needs of the business and staff.
- Support the business activities for the annual ISO external audit and drive continuous improvement.
Experience and skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety and related environmental legislations
- Extensive knowledge of managing ISO quality standards
- Ability to liaise with appropriate regulatory authorities for Health and Safety, Environment and Fire activities.
- Ability to implement strategic plans and lead change when required
- Proactive with good ability to initiate projects and activities which will improve the health safety, environmental and quality performance of the company.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to work with, provide advice to, train, and promote excellence in Health & Safety, Environmental management to staff at all levels.
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Qualification in Construction health and safety or similar
- Degree (or equivalent) in management (Desirable)
- Evidence of ongoing CPD (Desirable)
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.