£40k - 50k per year + Package
13 days ago
Health and Safety Manager
£40k - £50k + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager on behalf of one of our clients, a leading Main Contractor in their Social Housing and Maintenance division. The Health and Safety Manager will advise on regional operational compliance (with input nationally) of all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and standards/guidance.
This is a key role for our client and they are looking to bring in an experienced Health and Safety Manager, preferably with some experience in Planned or Reactive Maintenance in the Construction industry.
As a Health and Safety Manager for our client, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Engage with sub-contractors to promote and instil best practice, in line with company policy and procedures.
- With assistance of operations/procurement department, seek out and trial potential products or procedures that will reduce risk to all those involved.
- Ensure iMS and the business management system is fully adhered to and ISO registration is maintained.
- Mentor and provide on hand assistance to employees in understanding requirements of the HSE policy, procedure and legislative requirements. Instil and drive a positive safety culture in line with business expectations
- Proactively implement improvement, drawing on findings from internal audit reports and industry best practice.
- Attend and actively contribute to various meetings i.e. safety meetings.
- Ensure project quality control audits are undertaken by the project team and corrective actions are completed in appropriate timescales.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the national / regional training (including plans), to ensure operational and office employees have appropriate training and competence.
- Working with the operational teams, provide support on processes and technical problems raised, ensuring suitable resolutions.
- Liaise with external organisations such as the HSE, Local Authorities, Social Housing Organisation, Fire Authorities, etc. in respect of regional work activities or incidents.
- Promoting positive HSE culture to prospective clients during presentations and other formats.
- Train, develop and assist employees to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with other regional HSE managers to ensure uniform approach is delivered throughout the business.
- Produce and issue annual and monthly audit/inspection safety reports
- Vet contractors documentation for vendor registration and identify updates if required
- Review project method statements, risk assessments, and ensure that any non-conformances are rectified.
- Undertake regular project and office audits to assess compliance and verify accuracy of project team audits and provide documented report on findings.
- Working with the Project management attend site location and undertake accident investigations and document in a report the findings.
- Ensure contracts are compliant with all health & safety matters, company and legislative / non legislative electrical requirements.
- Create and deliver actions within regional HSE plan in line with business plan and contract documentation to drive targeted continuous improvement across the region.
- Provide technical knowledge at adjudication and pre-start meetings on best practice adherence to achieve compliance with policy or legislation prior to contract award and start on site.
Requirements for this role:
- The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is required as a minimum and ideally working towards Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate Member of IOSH is essential, but working towards to Chartership.
- Hands-on, relevant industry experience and knowledge of the construction industry is required, as well as experience in back-end construction e.g. refurbishment, fit-out, or general construction projects.
- You will have a positive and proactive approach to H&S management, with the ability to build strong relationship in order to influence and engage at all levels of the business to ultimately deliver a strong HSE culture.
- Ability to produce factual, clear and concise reports
- Full UK driving license is required as you will be expected to be an active presence on site and office locations throughout the region.
If you are interested in the role above, please apply via the link, or feel free to contact Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.