£50k - 58k per year
about 1 month ago
Health & Safety Compliance Manager - Aylesbury - (Flexible Home/Office Working)
£50,000 - £58,000, Full Time Permanent
My client is a leading provider of affordable Housing operating throughout Aylesbury. Due to a recent restructure, my client is looking to hire a talented Compliance and H&S Manager on a full time permanent basis.
Overall purpose and key objectives;
- To ensure compliance at all times in respect of all relevant legislation and ensure that our responsibilities in connection with compliance are discharged.
- To provide specialist advice to the Board, executive, senior management and employees, subsidiaries and contractors now and in the future e.g., Building Safety Management/Development.
- To develop and maintain a robust framework for Occupational Health and Safety Management across the Trust, and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and guidance.
- Develop, evaluate, monitor and review Health and Safety Policy, procedures and practice.
- Develop training plans for fellow employees in relation to health and safety ensuring colleagues are provided with the correct level of training required for their role.
- Manage a regular cycle of Fire Safety Risk Assessments and work with managers to ensure that corrective action is audited and followed up as necessary
- Ensure that the Trust adheres to all of the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and ensure that experienced competent staff and/or consultants are appointed for the relevant posts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Educated to Chartered Membership of IOSH with NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.(Highly desirable)
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Risk Assessment.
- Diploma in Advanced Fire Safety Management (Highly desirable)
- Operational experience in Occupational Health & Safety and proven track record in the delivery of Health and Safety systems and the provision of advice in a similar organisation.
- Financial Awareness and experience of budgetary management.
- Experience in a housing/construction environment with understanding of relevant legislation.
- Aptitude for ‘hands-on’ involvement.
- Excellent organisational skills to include time and priority management adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to undertake and drive specific projects.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Use of a car and have a valid driving licence.
For more information on this position please contact Kieran Williams at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.