£24k - 28k per year
6 months ago
Health & Safety Assistant - Social Housing
Aylesbury, Full Time Permanent - £24,000 - £28,000
My client is a leader provider of Housing operating throughout Aylesbury, with an immediate requirement for a Health & Safety Assistant on a full time permanent contract. You will be accountable for:
- Provide administrative support to the Compliance Manager and H&S team including organising, taking minutes and updating matters arising for H&S related meetings
- Build relationships with key employees across the Trust and liaise with them to ensure statistical information is uploaded to relevant systems promptly and accurately.
- To be responsible for the day to day processing of purchase orders and invoices for the health and safety team. To investigate all discrepancies, and resolve where possible with the support of relevant internal contacts.
- To coordinate the day to day organisation, recording and management of the following key health and safety programmes;
- Inoculation programme for staff;
- Near miss, accident and incident forms and the highlighting and reporting any potential RIDDOR issues;
- Fire Risk Assessment Programme;
- Health and Safety Action Plan;
- Lone Worker System;
- Alarm activations;
- Display Screen Equipment Assessments;
- Risk assessments;
- Regulatory Compliance Reporting.
- Educated to A-level or equivalent qualifications.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- Health & Safety training IOSH/NEBOSH
- DSE Risk Assessment training.
- Ability to reassess priorities in a re-active environment to ensure the needs of the business are met at all times.
- Financial Awareness.
- Experience in providing administrative support to teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
For more information about this role please contact Kieran Williams at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.