£35k - 40k per year
018 7224 8898
24 days ago
**** HEALTH SAFETY AND ENVIROMENTAL MANAGER OR SUPERVISOR ADVISOR *****
Are you a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager potentially looking to relocate to the Cornish riviera?
CORWALL & LONDON
Permanent position Circa £35,000 per annum
Monday – Friday 45hrs
Build Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Manager or supervisor to manage and maintain the health and safety on a large construction site and become part of the wider team involved with an award winning national contractor. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career within a well-known and prestigious design and build construction organisation that is growing year on year.
To be applicable for this role, you must have demonstrable experience in a HSQE related position working for another main contractor, at either regional or national level.
The HSE Manager / supervisor will have site-wide responsibility for administering and maintaining all Health, Safety and Environmental systems, ensuring compliance to relevant standards and legislation.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but not limited to:
- Advising the business on all HSE related legal compliance, liability and procedures
- Managing internal and external audits
- Reviewing site certifications
- Making recommendations on internal and external HSE training appropriate to the needs of the business
- COSHH Management and risk assessments for the site
- Ensure all certification / inspection and servicing requirements are maintained in accordance with legislation and where required make recommendations to the Senior Management Team
- Schedule and lead Health, Safety and Environmental meetings
- Develop and maintain the Health, Safety and Environmental Website
- Take responsibility for accident and near miss investigations
- Manage contractors processes where necessary
- Point of contact for the UK Business for regulators, insurers, and external certification.
- Assist in the preparation, review and approval of Site Health and Safety Plans, including fire plans
- Provide guidance on all aspects of safety, health, welfare and fire prevention matters.
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements for high risk operations.
- Provide training to staff and/or our contractors operatives.
- Plan and carry out audits and inspections of sites and departments.
- Issue written reports on the results of their site safety inspections and safety audits.
- Log such reports onto a computer database.
- Investigate accidents and complete investigation reports.
- Where necessary, ensure that all reportable incidents have been notified to HSE and that a copy of Form 2508 has been obtained and filed with the internal accident report.
- Where necessary, liaise with Health and Safety Executive
- Identify, propose and implement methods of improving H&S performance.
- Attend site and other health & safety meetings as requested.
- Ensure project assurance related risks are identified, assessed and managed
- Attend contractor pre-start Meetings
- Assist with the development and implementation of improvements to our systems and processes.
- Assist with the updating of the company CMS.
Essential Skills Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this position you will hold as a minimum a NEBOSH or IEMA environmental management certification and a NEBOSH/IOSH certification in occupational Health and Safety.
- You will have substantial experience in overseeing HSE functions and strategies ideally from within a construction, or a design and built environment.
- Qualified to NEBOSH standard or equivalent.
- Pleasant and confident manner
- Methodical approach to duties
- Presentation skills i.e. ability to develop and present workshops and training courses
- Ability to transmit and write reports
- Ability to carry out accident investigations and report on these investigations
- Word and PowerPoint knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience and understanding of health, safety, quality & environmental issues in construction.
- Detailed knowledge of the construction industry and the processes involved
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 / ISO9001 / ISO14001(desired but not essential)
- Organisational skills and workload prioritising.
- Ability to work under their own initiative
- Able to deal with staff, clients and external customer.
Build Recruitment LTD are a recruitment agency and are proud to be working exclusively on this permanent placement. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with.
Located in Cornwall we focus on jobs in the South west and pride ourselves on the service we provide to our clients and candidates alike.
What to do next:
if this role is of interest to you and you wish to know more for a confidential conversation in the first instance call Leanne at Build Recruitment LTD on 07407802761 for an informal chat regarding how we can work together or send your CV to : email@example.com or you can click "apply" on this job advertisement.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.