£35k - 40k per year
12 days ago
Health and Safety Advisor
My client is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team on the client side as part of growth within the team. The duty of the Health and Safety Advisor is to provide health and safety oversight and assurance to school leadership teams, governors and the education management team.
The Health and Safety Advisor must be a competent person for schools and educational settings, provide professional advice, guidance, support and assistance to all stakeholders, promoting awareness of and compliance with legislative and best practice requirements.
The Health and Safety Advisor will promote and deliver continuous improvement on health, safety and wellbeing of staff throughout the school estates in order to reduce incidents and lost days and support stakeholders in the development of a culture that fosters an atmosphere of openness and transparency.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current organisational health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice, policies and procedures
- Graduate or working towards Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (I.O.S.H.)
- A degree or IOSH Diploma in health & safety or equivalent qualification
- Accredited Quality Safety Auditor
- Practical understanding of health and safety issues pertinent to educational settings
- Knowledge of occupational health and behavioural based safety
- Pragmatic and collaborative approach to Health and Safety with experience of providing Health and Safety advice within a multi site public sector or blue chip organisation.
- Experience of conducting audits, risk assessments, accident investigation and inspections reporting outcomes and making recommendations.
- Experience of analysing health and safety data and able to explain and present data to key stakeholders.
- Experience of working on own initiative with limited supervision or direction.
- Experienced in developing and presenting training programmes to all levels.
- Ability to understand and interpret health and safety legislation and information, and use research and statistical data, and to make such information understandable to non technical managers and other stakeholders through presentations and reports.
- Ability to use a variety of MS Office suite products (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and databases.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.