£71k per year
3 months ago
Head of Electrical Planned Works (Electrical)
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment - from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently looking for a Head of Planned Works (Electrical) for a leading Social Housing provider in Greater Manchester.
We have an opportunity for a Head of Electrical Planned Works to join a leading national Housing Association a permanent basis. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you'll manage Planned and Cyclical electrical teams to deliver high quality testing, maintenance, repairs, and installations across all homes within our portfolio nationwide.
You'll also be responsible for the overall P&L and budget for electrical services works, ensuring close monitoring of spend across all activities and fostering a culture of value for money. You will also take accountability for the performance of sub-contractors, ensuring delivery of works are in line with our compliance/health & safety requirements and pricing structures.
This role would suit someone with a contract compliance/planned works management background within an Electrical services and maintenance environment. Ideally, you will have significant experience managing a direct labour workforce or direct labour maintenance teams and of managing the delivery of contracts with a value of £8 million+.
- Senior leadership and management experience gained within an electrical planned maintenance, housing, or a similar sector.
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and motivating teams to deliver a great service.
- Effective management and control of complex budgets.
- High level of financial and data literacy.
- Up to date knowledge of current policy issues in the housing sector, best practice service delivery and built environment issues.
- Experience of using maintenance and management information systems, extracting and interpreting data.
- Experience of managing external contractors.
- Proven ability to provide accurate and clear reports and other communications in writing, face to face or by telephone.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership & Management Standard.
- Repairs, Maintenance, Building or Engineering professional qualification or membership of relevant body e.g., MIET/MCIOB
Please apply or contact Alex Taylor at Build Recruitment - Manchester for further details.
We'll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We'll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We'll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.