£90k - 92k per year + car / allowance + industry leading benefits scheme
020 3176 4790
Head of H&S
about 1 month ago
Role: Head of Health & Safety
Sector: Housing Maintenance
Location: Nationwide (To be based from Central London offices)
Salary: £90,000 + travel allowance + industry leading benefits package
I am working with one of the UK’s leading housing maintenance and refurbishment contractors who are looking to bring on board a Head of Health & Safety to lead their established safety team. My client who manage over 200,000 properties throughout the UK are looking for an experienced Health & Safety professional who is familiar with the housing maintenance (both planned and reactive), refurbishment, regeneration and new build projects.
The ideal candidate would be able to improve the business safety strategy and long term business plans, whilst developing a culture of safe behaviours, quality assurance and continuous improvement. The majority of my clients schemes are based around London and the South East and they will have several Regional SHEQ Managers reporting into Head of H&S, so the role would suit someone who is based in the South East and who could commute into London on a daily basis.
- Ensure the SHEQ strategy is effectively communicated and successfully implemented at all levels from site to board level.
- Promote SHEQ best practice nationally supporting the business to ensure legal and corporate compliance.
- Responsible for the changes to the business systems to support business changes and market requirements
- Manage and maintain audit compliance and ISO certifications.
- Develop and lead the SHEQ team and support the business as an expert in business integrations, transfers, and acquisitions.
- Implement the company SHEQ policies and procedures and through regional teams recommend improvement plans to support and follow implementation.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are investigated and preventive measures circulated throughout the business to avoid recurrence.
- Advise the Directors / Board on all important Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance issues, inclusive of legislative matters.
- Instigate and support Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance improvement / communication initiatives.
- Develop internal SHEQ training programmes for relevant employees, drawing on various delivery methods / applications.
What you’ll need, to succeed:
- Understanding of the requirements of ISO Standards 9001, 14001, 18001, 45001 (Management System)
- Expert understanding of the R&M, Planned sector and technical / compliance services and operational requirements.
- Excellent track record of creating and implementing innovative HSEQ strategies in the housing maintenance / social housing sector
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate and Diploma (or equivalent) is required as a minimum.
- Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards it.
- Full UK driving license
In return my client are offering a salary in the region of £90,000 + car or travel allowance + industry leading benefits package.
If you are interested in the position or would like more information in regards to the position then please get in touch | 07415 259 073 | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.