£80k - 100k per year + Market leading benefits
020 3176 4790
Head of H&S/CDM - Sidcup
17 days ago
Role: Head of Health & Safety / CDM
Location: Sidcup covering projects throughout London & South East
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 + Car Allowance + Industry leading benefits package
My client are an innovative and ambitious organisation within the construction sector who have several offices based throughout the UK. The company who have an office in Sidcup are looking to recruit a Head of Health & Safety/CDM to lead their safety team covering projects throughout London and the South East, working on a variety of projects within the commercial, residential, retail, heritage, hotel, office, industrial, engineering, education and healthcare sectors.
The ideal candidate would have at least 5+ years’ experience working in a similar position where you have been responsible for developing an organisations Health & Safety and CDM policies as well as working within and leading a team of H&S professionals.
- Deliver HSE management audits, ensuring an up-to-date schedule for necessary and appropriate audits is maintained.
- Ensure the systems and processes you implement, follow best industry practice (ISO 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001, (or similar alternatives).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the HSE training strategy. Support its delivery to enable standards of H&S competence are achieved and maintained.
- Assist the business is operating best processes and meet or exceed compliance with company standards and legislative requirements.
- You will proactively engage with the clients, key stakeholders, members of staff and team members to help develop the H&S strategy for the business.
- You will produce high level reports detailing Health Safety and Environmental performance.
- Adhere to and follow the 2015 CDM regulations and advise clients and contractors on all safety / risk on projects.
What you'll need, to succeed:
- NEBOSH Construction / Diploma / NVQ / BSc in Occupational H&S
- Relevant professional memberships eg. IOSH / APS
- 5+ years experience in a H&S position ideally for a construction consultancy
- Construction industry specific experience
- Full UK Driving License
The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and clients, strong negotiation skills to ensure that all sites develop their Health and Safety compliance culture in a consistent manner.
If you are interested in the position or would like to know more then please get in touch | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com | 07415 259 073 |
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.