Bury St Edmunds
£73k per year + car/ allowance
about 1 year ago
Head of Estates
Bury St Edmonds
£63-73k pro rata, 6-month FTC
The Head of Estates has managerial, professional and technical responsibility for strategic services, including property management, estate capital planning/procurement, design management, the property database and environmental management for the Trust via a small technical team and Service Level Agreements.
The Head of Estates will act as a single point of contact for day to day issues of estate capital procurement and with the Director of Strategy & Sustainability, will be responsible for the maintenance and development of a modern and flexible property portfolio that supports service delivery and patient care. The Head of Estates will be the Trust’s expert and advisor, providing highly specialised advice to directors, senior managers and others for all property-related matters.
The Head of Estates will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Trust’s Estates Strategy/Plan, our Environment Strategy and carbon reduction and particularly for ensuring that the development of the Trust’s estate is conducted in a manner that reduces environmental impact and long term costs.
Principle duties/key performance areas for the Head of Estates:
Manage/professionally control all aspects of the Estates function and ensure that we provide a first class Estates service to support the delivery of the Trust’s operations.
The post holder will:
- Lead the development and management of the Trust’s Estates Strategy and the estate and physical environment.
- Ensure that the Estates team has clear strategic/operational business objectives that are consistent with the Trust goals.
- Lead on the management of major capital schemes undertaken through Procure 21 or other Trust-approved procurement/development method.
- Research and interpret all aspects of estates and estates work in healthcare so that the Trust is in a position to offer sound quantative and qualitative advice and guidance to facilitate significant service improvement.
- Represent the Trust at public forums in relation to estates facilities matters.
- Provide specialist advice concerning all estates and environmental matters.
- Manage estate-related capital planning contribution to the Trust’s capital plan.
- Measure key metrics and performance indicators for the estate and produce reports for circulation to the Trust Board/Executive Directors and management team.
- Lead and support the Trust to manage compliance with estate/environmental-related statutory requirements and Department of Health guidance.
- Responsible for ensuring that the maintenance requirements for the Trust are delivered to minimise backlog and mitigate risks to the Trust, staff and patients.
- Responsible for condition surveys, inspections and risk assessments, providing training for staff and other stakeholders as required by statute and NHSservice
- Investigate and respond to complaints received from patients, visitors, staff and public regarding estates services and our commitment to the environment.
- Making direct contact with complainants, as required and preparing response documentation on behalf of the Director of Strategy & Sustainability and the Chief Executive.
- Contribute to the Trust’s overall performance with regard to the NHS Plan, in particular, improving standards as part of the Patient Environment Action Team programme and the Modernisation Programme.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant estates management experience at a Senior level in a large complex organisation (preferably NHS) with evidence of effective management of staff and budgets.
- Experience of writing and presenting complex reports.
- Qualification in Building, Electrical, Mechanical or Building Services Engineering or equivalent.
- Membership of an appropriate Professional/chartered Institute
- Evidence of continuing Professional Development.
- Full British driving licence, Category B for at least two years. (Up to three penalty points would be considered, dependent upon offence code).
- Master’s degree/Post Graduate Diploma in the field of Financial/business Project Management.
- Prince 2 accreditation
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.