£75k - 85k per year + package
3 months ago
Head of Civils – Specialist Rail Sub-Contractor
£75k- £85k + Package
we are working with one of the leading rail plant companies in the UK are looking for a Head of Civils to run and grow a relatively new function within the company which has the backing and opportunity to grow as large as someone wants to take it. You will be part of the Senior Leadership team managing a small team from the get-go working with leading contractors in the field. This role will suit an individual who wants to join a smaller business and take ownership. The type of projects the company deals with are Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work
- Deliver annual major project budget and manage commercial risk
- Deliver a portfolio of projects to budget with minimal “write downs”.
- Assess project workload and recruit staff to meet workload.
- Lead and or support bidding process to secure a pipeline of work.
- Ensure resources and skills match anticipated demand
- Successfully inspire, lead, retain and develop a team.
- Maintain and build relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Review of safety performance
- Establish governance over all projects
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience building out a business unit/ division in the past
- Rail/ Civils experience
- Successfully managed a profitable outcome of major projects
- Proven record of leadership of managing teams
- Record of effective business development
- Thorough understanding of engineering practices
- Capable of being able to understand technical issues and be credible in front of customers.
- Industry SHEQ and CDM requirements knowledge
- Understanding of UK H&S legislation, Network Rail and Group standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- PTS competence holder (additional LUCAS for LU)
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.