£27,286 - 28,105 per year + van + fuel card + holiday + pension + private health care
6 days ago
We are looking for skilled Groundworkers to be part of our in-house Maintenance Team covering our South West London area The focus will be on high quality work, outstanding customer service and a right first time attitude.
Our Operatives are supplied with an L&Q van (business use only), uniform and PPE equipment. You will begin the day from your home address where you will travel to jobs which are distributed to your PDA (hand-held device).
- Working knowledge of a building and/or housing environment
- Able to deliver excellent customer service (essential)
- Relevant City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications (or qualified by experience)
- Able to use a PDA (hand-held device) and on occasion a computer
- Full clean UK driving licence (essential)
- Must have own hand tools (larger tools and specialist equipment will be arranged if needed)
- Focusing on Pointing - raking out and repointing brickwork but will include the following:
- Fencing Repairs and Installations - feather edge fencing/overlap panel fencing/garden gates and posts/palisade fencing
- Concrete Work - renewing and securing manhole/gulley covers, replacing and patching in garden paths
- Slab Work - renewing/replacing/re-levelling slabs and flags, re-levelling blacked paving
- Clearing Guttering - minor guttering repairs
The successful candidate will also assist with other trades where needed, particularly the roofing team. We have a two man roofing team who will need cover when one person if off sick/on leave. The successful Groundworker candidate will assist with the roofing team from time to time so candidates looking to apply will need to be happy to work at height and take on some minor roofing duties.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.