£24k per year + Excellent Benefits
15 days ago
My client is a small Housing Association based in Morden, currently looking for a Grounds Maintenance Team Leader on a full time permanent basis. You will be the Team Leader of their small Grounds Maintenance Team responsible for ensuring that all external landscaping is maintained to a high standard, providing an excellent service for residents
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To supervise the Morden Estate Grounds Maintenance team in the delivery of day to day activities and provide the Horticultural Services Manager with regular updates.
- To assist the Horticultural Services Manager in planning and implementation of team workloads so that an effective grounds maintenance, external cleaning service and other local services are delivered.
- To ensure that the Grounds Maintenance staff are trained in the use of equipment/tools and chemicals in accordance with best practice and that the correct processes are being followed in accordance with Health & Safety Policy and procedures.
- To deputise in the absence of the Horticultural Services Officer within designated areas of responsibilities and deputise for the Horticultural Services Manager as required
- Knwoledgeable within the horticulturalist and grounds maintenance sector
- Level 3 qualification in Horticulture or equivilant
- Experience manmaging small teams and knowledge of Health & Safety at work requirements
- Excellent timekeeping, friendly, diligant
- Experience of using and maintaining a large variety of gardening tools and equipment.
- Chainsaw and Chemical application certificates (highly desirable)
- Good personal and IT skills required for the position
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.