£30k - 40k per year
15 days ago
General Site Supervisor
Shifts: Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
Salary: From £31k to maximum £35k (dependant on experience)
Purpose of Role:
The General Site Supervisor will lead and manager workflow processes, various trade, and facilities staff members. Ensuring PPM and reactive maintenance, and other support services meet the required goals and objectives.
Working closely with the Site Manager and will include areas such as (but not limited to) the following: -
- Grounds and Gardens
- Painting and decorating etc.
- Waste Management
- Pest Control
- Fabric Maintenance
- Management of fleet vehicles on site
You will be required to deputise for a Site Manager / Deputy Site Manager or cover other team members as required.
All candidates are subject to security and identity checks prior to taking up post.
All candidates are subject to 6 months’ probation.
Accountabilities (but not limited to):
- As General Site Supervisor you will need to take accountability for the supervision of all staff within their area of responsibility, providing direction on the work for the day and that relevant work area is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy.
- Ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required.
- Contribute to the development of local practice, process, and initiatives, ensure consistency across the unit in the application of policies and procedures affecting prisoners and staff.
- Ensures security is maintained including conducting searches in accordance with policy.
- Undertake staff appraisals of their team members under their supervision and providing relevant performance information to Line Managers
- To take accountability for the effective management of the tool inventory and maintain security standards within the work area.
- To uphold the agreed standard of discipline within the work area. This includes issuing of behaviour warnings, and logging as appropriate.
- Carry out interviews, inductions and supervise within the area of work.
- To positively contribute to the building and development of a culture of excellent customer service, establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with the client
- Assist with the monitoring and maintaining of employee qualification levels, including appropriate levels of registration and licences where applicable for staff for Health and Safety and legal compliance.
- To advise and support on payroll issues/enquiries raised directly ensuring that appropriate investigations, analysis, review, recommendations, and approvals are forthcoming within appropriate timescales.
- To participate in the site and service inspection tours to monitor, analyse and evaluate against quality standards including works offices and workshops and other designated areas.
- Update the CAFM system as and when required.
- Attend any training required to complete role of the site supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Previous recognised experience and supervisory skills in the facilities management service.
- Planning and Project Management Skills
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines.
- Essential Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience of project management and change management.
- Experience of supervising staff and 3rd parties
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of routine preventive and reactive maintenance
- Relevant professional qualifications (facilities management / project management
- Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification (desirable)
- Full driving license (desirable due to the location.
If you feel you are suitable for the vacancy or would like to discuss further, please email your CV to Lizzie.email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.