£30k per year
about 1 month ago
Domestic Gas Service Engineer
Leeds / Peak District
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment - from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester, and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a Contractor who are looking for a Domestic Gas Service Engineer based in The Peak District.
Our client is looking for a n experienced gas engineer to join one of the main Gas contractors in the UK. You can show evidence of key competencies, specifically in gas servicing and be confident in repairs knowledge. You will be required to attend tenanted properties and deliver a first class customer experience in reactive maintenance and posses experience of working in social housing.
Role: To carry out heating repairs and servicing in occupied and/or empty properties in a courteous and polite manor. To make sure all aspects of work is finished to a high standard and within target, set by the client.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- To risk assess work/working environments before starting any works to avoid damages or injuries
- To undertake all work in accordance with Health & Safety Regulations.
- To undertake all work in accordance with The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations (GSIUR) 1998.
- To ensure correct uniform is worn at all times when representing the company
- To carryout servicing & repairs to heating/plumbing systems and appliances on behalf of Heating achieving the company target of 90% First time fix.
- To attend all calls allocated to you inside target times, if delayed report to call handlers so the resident can be made aware of delays.
- To identify materials and parts required to carry out repairs to the set company standard. - To record accurate logs of work undertaken and materials used capturing this on the company's PDA / I.T system.
- There any further works are required you must liaise with stores/admin teams then inform residents of timescale for completion of the work being undertaken
- To manage, control and be responsible for allocated van stock ensuring levels are kept
- To participate on the out of hours emergency call out rota and ensure procedures are followed.
- Be prepared to work flexible with the possibility of work outside normal working hours depending on the needs of the business
- Carryout your daily tasks in a helpful and professional approach prioritising customer service.
- To report any vulnerabilities or concerns to management via code 4 system so it can be addressed and reported back to the appropriate client.
- To keep your allocated company vehicle clean and tidy at all times ensuring any waste is disposed of to company/HSE regulations
Please apply or contact Hannah Evans at Build Recruitment for further details.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.