£45k - 52k per year
020 3176 4790
28 days ago
FRA Contract Manager
Location: Brandon – Suffolk
Salary: Up to £52,000 per annum + car allowance
- Supervise running of contracts on site so work is completed on time, to required quality and cost effectively
- Ensure site staff are motivated and work productively
- Ensure customer promises are delivered and relationships are developed
- Plan, set up and visit sites to check production and controls
- Ensure a safe working environment for all
- Promote company values at all opportunities
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Responsible for: Branch employees’ including Front Line Managers, Operatives and Apprentices
Specific duties and responsibilities of the role
- Ensure all Site Managers have the relevant experience and ability to manage their allocated projects.
- Manage daily running of contracts to complete work to quality, time and cost constraints
- Ensure Health and Safety policies, procedures, safe working practices and risk assessments are effectively communicated to all site staff and contractors.
- Understand and implement safe systems of work
- Mobilise allocated projects
- Understand and manage programme of works
- Ensure we meet and exceed customer expectations in terms of service, reliability, quality and responsiveness.
- Manage workforce productivity ensuring targets are set and issued before work starts
- Manage workforce quality and adherence to specification
- Conform with Operations Managers audit process
- Communicate with site teams and workforce so they know what is expected of them
- Understand how to influence and act upon poor performance
- Communicate within Branch regarding costs and progress, explaining any variances
- Manage site administration and records and actively Minimise waste on site
- Understand trades and local labour resources (both direct and subcontract) to meet contract programme’s timescales
- Support recruitment and effectively induct and develop site-based staff, including apprentices
- Ensure all operatives behave in a courteous and polite manner, in line with our Code of Conduct and company approach.
- Ensure all operatives comply with the company expectations regarding PPE and Workwear
- Provide regular feedback (verbal and written reports) to Contract Manager
- Engage in any investigations and accident reporting process
- Adhere to company vehicle and plant reporting procedures.
- Ensure the vehicles are used correctly and not abused.
- Regularly check and audit purchases, timesheets to deter fraudulent behaviours
- Attend and contribute within client meetings as necessary
- Attend and contribute at Branch Meetings
- Proactively ensure that employees remain motivated and engaged with the business
Job knowledge, skills and abilities required to undertake the role
- ASFP Level 2 or 3 & Knowledge of third party accreditation schemes
- Microsoft Excel knowledge – Expert Level Required
- Communication and teamwork
- Customer engagement
- Judgement and decision making
- Employee development
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous experience managing labour-based activities (preferably within the construction industry) as a foreman. Good knowledge of the industry and a wide range of local contacts
- Site planning skills to ensure production targets are achieved
- Manage and motivate workforce
- Knowledge of industry H&S
Qualifications required to undertake the role
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or a C&G Advanced/Craft certificate or NVQ L2/3
- SMSTS award
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Lead team by example
- Natural Leader
- Good Listener
- Managing operational deliver
- Problem solver
- Judgment and decision making
- Developing people
- Customer relationships
- Good communication is a fundamental element of the role to ensure the efficient transfer of information. Good communication will ensure that information is shared timely which will result in more effective working practices. This includes communication with anyone that you may come into contact with such as your colleagues, line manager, clients and suppliers.
- Effective communication will also ensure that your message is delivered clearly, concisely and accurately.
- It is expected that you will work professionally in undertaking your duties and treat your colleagues with respect.
Good team worker
- It is expected that you will be a good team player by being consistently reliable and provide a consistent quality of work. It is expected that you will demonstrate commitment and loyalty to the Company and act in the best interests of the Company.
- We encourage ideas to be shared honestly and clearly and expect that you also respect the views and opinions of others in the team.
- Adapting to changing situations is important as is establishing positive work relationships with other team members.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.