£50k - 53k per year
9 days ago
Job Description – Project Manager – Fire Safety (FTC – 2-3 years)
Reporting to the Specialist Project Director.
The Project Manager (Fire Safety) is required to review the Association's existing arrangements for Fire Safety, building on work already completed and compile and implement a new Fire Safety Strategy.
- Compile and implement a portfolio Fire Management Strategy setting out how the Group will meet the requirements of the Fire Safety policy
- Ensure timely delivery of the Fire Risk Assessment Programme and management of the Service Provider
- Ensure completion of backlog Fire Actions in line with timescales agreed with the Directors.
- Ensure completion of non-backlogged Fire Actions in line with timescales agreed with the Directors (those identified in new FRAs)
- Liaise with and support teams tasked with completing Fire Actions to ensure they are completed properly and in line with agreed timescales.
- Review of the use of Lifespan for processing FRA\Fire Actions and agree a programme of enhancements with the Service Provider. Manage the process to upgrade Lifespan as necessary.
- Maintain and update information systems, as required. Report FRA\Fire Action KPIs to the relevant team for inclusion in Monthly Reports and provide commentary on progress.
- Bring FRA\Fire Action\NOD KPIs to 100% by dates agreed with the Directors.
- Ensure effective collation and analysis of relevant performance statistics and monitoring information to demonstrate the impact of the service.
- Manage the workload and allocate priorities for the Surveyor engaged on Fire Door\Compartmentation programmes considering the risk rating of the hazards and their due dates.
- Manage the workload and allocate priorities for the Admin Team in relation to Lifespan upgrades\FRA\Fire Actions.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Appreciation of the principles of fire safety especially the commissioning of Fire Risk Assessments and dealing with the requirements
- Appreciation of the basics of building elements that relate to fire safety: fire doors and compartmentation, means of escape, fire alarm & detection etc.
- Experience of managing contracts\professional services providers (e.g. Fire Risk Assessors or similar) for a residential property portfolio
- Confident user of ICT, including excel and databases
- Experience in working in a social housing environment for a Registered Landlord.
- Able to communicate effectively and influence a wide range of staff members
- Ability to record and monitor outputs against agreed targets and performance measures
- Ability to problem-solve and find solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
- A good team player
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the Fire Safety Reform Order (2005)
- Experience of policies and process relating to Fire Safety for a Registered Landlord including:
- Commissioning of Fire Risk Assessments and dealing with the requirements
- Maintenance of residential buildings especially in relation to fire safety: fire doors and compartmentation, means of escape, fire alarm & detection etc.
If you are interested in applying for this role or require further information please contact Kieran from Build Recruitment on 07487847467 or send your CV to Kieran.williams@buildrec
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.