£51.5k - 55k per year + bonus, pension, health
7 months ago
Fire Safety Officer (Commercial buildings)
We have an exciting new role to work client direct and join a prestigious institution in west London to be their Fire Officer/ Manager. The role is working client direct and comes with a wealth of progression opportunities as well as a good package. The Fire Safety Officer will join a highly ambitious team with serious aspirations to become even better.
The Property Services department the Fire Safety Officer will join is a successful and acclaimed division for our clients corporate assets and strives to deliver outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will take on the delegated responsibility for Fire safety ensuring good management and compliance.
- Experience of coordinating activities of a range of building and property professionals to agreed outcomes across a varied portfolio.
- Experience of working on and maintaining complex and varied plant and equipment in a business-critical environment.
- Excellent communication skills both in leading teams and communicating outcomes to a lay client and to senior managers and elected members.
- Experience in carrying out systematic periodic inspections and the preparation of forward maintenance programs and estimates.
- Experience in the supervision and delivery of building maintenance work in accordance with pre-planned programs and budgets.
- A proven track record of effectively managing capital and revenue budgets to agreed outcomes and within a ‘value-for-money’ environment. February 2019- Final - Property Services Fire Safety Officer JE04341 ICT (CIO) and Property Services V3- Updated 10.02.2020
- Proven experience of serving a diverse community through impartial and accessible technical advice.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience including understanding of statutory obligations in relation to Fire Safety installations and their impact on Health and Safety.
You will need to have the ability to be organised, use your initiative and communicate to a good standard, both written and spoken, at all levels.
* NEBOSH Fire certificate or FPA;
And one or more of the following;
* Asbestos P405;
* Tech IOSH
* H&S related diploma/degree.
* CMIOSH (corporate member).
* Membership of a relevant body
* Demonstrable experience working at a senior level; in a similar work environment.
* Degree level or equivalent
* Continued Professional Development, maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of Fire Regulations and Legislations.
* Experienced in CAFM systems
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.