£50k - 65k per year + Car/Allowance + Benefits
020 3176 4790
Fire Engineer - Birmingham1
2 days ago
Role: Senior Fire Engineer / Principal Fire Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + excellent Industry leading benefits package
I am working with an innovative and ambitious organisation within the fire engineering sector who have several offices based throughout the UK, Due to the fire engineering division growing rapidly in recent months there are a number of openings for experienced Fire Engineering professionals at Senior to Principal join the team working out of offices in Birmingham covering their portfolio of schemes throughout the West Midlands.
My client cover a range of projects within the residential, commercial, retail, education and healthcare sectors, working with some of the UK’s most prestigious clients. You will be responsible for developing a detailed fire engineering design, including smoke control design and computer simulations of fire dynamics and fire spread and have at least 2/3 years experience working in a similar position for a consultancy or fire engineering organisation.
- Produce with guidance fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the chosen building form throughout the design process.
- Identify and with support specify appropriate fixed fire protection systems, i.e. automatic fire detection and/or suppression to support fire engineering design solutions.
- With support, carry out and review fire engineering calculations including smoke modelling and evacuation analysis from simple hand calculations to complex 3D computational modelling.
- Understand and with support apply UK Fire Safety legislation and as necessary provide support in the undertaking of fire safety risk assessments.
- Awareness of, and ability to apply with guidance, UK health and safety design legislation including British Standards
- With guidance, identify design related issues and propose solutions as appropriate.
- An ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
The Ideal candidate will hold a degree in Fire Engineering or an Engineering discipline, Building Science or equivalent and be familiar with pricing and tendering for new projects, attending design team meetings and liaising with stakeholders such as structural engineers and architects, applying fire engineering in the design of buildings, relevant professional experience within fire engineering design, project experience within the construction industry working on large scale construction schemes.
Please only apply for the position if you are based in the UK and have prior experience in a fire engineering capacity.
If you are interested In the role or would like more information about the position then please get in touch – Mike.Davis@buildrec.com – 07415 259 073
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.