020 3176 4793
9 days ago
I'm currently looking for a Fire & Security Engineer to join a leading service provider within the government sector for a Static role based in Bristol.
- To ensure that various pre planned maintenance schedules are kept up to date and maintained as may be required.
- To assist in multi trade support of other members of the FM service team in completing work
- To carry out fault finding and defect rectification to items of installed equipment as may be defined and specified.
- To carry out the installation of new equipment as may be defined and specified.
- Ability to prioritise workload, working in a logical and methodical manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both in writing and orally (including good telephone manner).
- Return necessary paperwork to Administration team or Manager as required
- Advise Line Manager on a daily basis of the progress on the contract.
- To participate and comply with material ordering and procurement procedures.
- Work in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring that all systems worked upon are operational.
- To become familiar with the operation and maintenance of the various systems and equipment installed in the whole of the premises as defined or requested.
- To carry out all duties assigned to him in a safe manner, observing all statutory regulations and the local regulations.
- To carry out investigations into the performance of the plant and equipment installed in the site and to produce related reports and recommendations as may be required.
- To assist in specifying and obtaining spare parts, and other items of equipment which may be required to ensure the continuous and efficient operation of the technical estate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good PC skills using Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Competent in the use of Databases.
- Experience within a similar role an advantage.
- Proven ability to install, test, commission and service CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Detection and Fire Alarm Systems.
- Proven IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Minimum electrical/electronics ONC experience or equivalent preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Fire Protection Industry
- Extensive knowledge of large security systems
- Knowledge of BS EN 50131 Alarm Systems
- Knowledge of BS EN 50132 CCTV System
- Knowledge of BS EN 50133 Access Control
- Knowledge of BS5839 Fire Detection Systems
- Knowledge of BS6266 Fire Protection for Electronic Equipment Installations
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.