£60k per year + Car Allowance
6 months ago
Fire and Health & Safety Manager
Permanent - £60,000 + Car allowance at £5,000
Purpose of role:
To provide effective Fire, Health and Safety leadership, ensuring the organisation maintains compliance in relation to our obligations under the Fire Safety order and overseeing the Health and Safety of people, creating a safe living and working environment for all stakeholders
- To manage and oversee health and safety across the organisation, scheduling and devising health and safety training programmes for staff.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance of the Fire Safety Order 2005 throughout the organisation’s stock. Ensuring all relevant buildings have valid fire risk assessments in line with our policies.
- Act as the company’s Competent Person in regards of Health and Safety
- Responsible for ensuring that any fire risk actions are conducted within the time frames stipulated within the assessment, along with issuing the actions to the relevant department/contractor
- Monitor, report and inspect the progress, status and quality of all fire related remediation and capital works.
- Work with our Fire Safety consultants to produce and maintain a robust and comprehensive fire risk programme, and ensure any changes to legislation and building regulation are taken into account.
- Budget Management responsibility of circa £2million
What you will bring:
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified, alongside a qualification in Fire Safety or Fire Risk Assessments
- Ideally you will be a full member of IFE or IFSM
- Experience working for a provider of social housing, i.e. Housing Association or Local Authority, managing Fire compliance and Risk Assessment programmes.
- Excellent communicator at all levels, with the ability to manage projects autonomously and experienced working with specialist consultants, contractors and key external stakeholders
To find out more please apply with your CV or contact Kieran.email@example.com // 07487847467
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.