£50k - 60k per year + car allowance, bonus, health care etc
about 2 months ago
Fire Alarm Manager/ Senior Fire Alarm Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Alarm Manager/ Senior Fire Alarm Engineer within a small successful and well-established building services and facilities company with a rapidly growing portfolio of clients and contracts specialising in Fire Safety in the commercial sector. The Fire Alarm Manager/ Senior Fire Alarm Engineer will look to grow their own team round them and build on the foundations already there in this exciting new role!
Their Fire Safety Division is currently looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Manager/ Senior Fire Alarm Engineer to help grow and develop the team. They carry out installation, servicing and maintenance of fire systems across the London area.
As the Fire Alarm Manager/ Senior Fire Alarm Engineer Your duties will involve being the company lead within the fire team on installation projects, whilst ensuring work is carried out to a high standard and in compliance to British Standards at all times.
As necessary experience in servicing, repair and maintenance of fire alarm equipment including emergency lighting across contracts including commercial properties/buildings will be required.
An electrical background is beneficial and experience in fire alarm commissioning is preferred but training can be given to the right candidate with relevant experience.
The ability to work as a team with colleagues is essential and continuous excellent customer service is a must.
The ideal Fire Alarm Manager/ Senior Fire Alarm Engineer would be based close to London and would be expected to travel within the London area.
Tasks for the Fire Alarm Manager/ Senior Fire Alarm Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Service, Maintenance & Installation of Fire Alarm Systems as and when required in line with the British Standards
- Commissioning of fire alarm installation projects
- Ensuring that all works are carried out in timely manner and comply with the relevant standards (BS 5839-1 2017, BS 5839-6 2019, BS 7671).
- Completion of documentation and certification on project completion to ensure compliance.
- Carrying out technical investigations and collating reports for submission.
- Collation and submission of all evidence of works – printouts/engineers sheets/test results.
- Identifying technical issues with the systems being worked on and carrying out corrective actions.
- Identifying potential remedial works during PPM/reactive visits and supplying accurate scopes of work to enable quote generation.
- Providing technical support to the fire alarms team and colleagues as and when required.
- Mentoring and coaching engineers
- Maintaining good relationships with the customer
Qualifications/ Skills & Requirements:
- Working knowledge of BS 5839-1 2017 (required) and BS 5839-6 2019 (desirable)
- Knowledge of the principles of BAFE SP203/BS5839.
- Electrical experience – ideally have an electrician trade background or proof of good electrical awareness
- Previous experience in installing, servicing, maintaining & commissioning of fire alarm systems
- Wide knowledge on manufacturers
- Previous supervisory/ management experience
- Experience completing certification
- FIA Certificates or any other relevant fire alarms qualifications (FIA/NSI/LPCB/C&G)
- The ideal candidate will have 4+ years’ experience working with fire alarm systems
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both verbal & written
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records whilst regularly submitting customer and company paperwork in a timely manner
- Knowledge and experience of the full project life cycle.
- Able to work openly and co-operatively with others, both within immediate project teams and elsewhere
- Self-motivation and ability to organise own time effectively as well as to motivate and advise others
- Live in area commutable to London
- A full valid UK Driving Licence
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.