Royal Tunbridge Wells
£30k per year
020 3434 4592
about 2 months ago
9 month contract
We are a management consultancy that specialises in asset management and property maintenance in the housing sector. To support our continued growth, we are looking to employ a Finance Assistant to join our consulting team.
We are keen to recruit a interim Finance Assistant who has had some experience and who has operated in a similar sector to maintenance and/or housing. The right person has a good attention to detail , excellent numeracy skills , is hard working , self - motivated and resilient, and enjoys being being part of a energetic , positive , and professional winning team.
Key Responsibilities -
- Ensure that purchase orders are being raised correctly and GRN'd accurately by operational teams, provide feedback and query resolution where necessary.
- Ensure that all information regarding financial data that is passed into the department is acted upon within specified deadlines including processing high volumes of invoices.
- Complete supplier reconciliations , engaging with internal and external stakeholders effectively to resolve all queries.
- Operate internal controls and take appropriate action in relation to identify errors.
- Extract an format system data to generate financial reports for the wider business.
- Be aware of and follow the clients policies and procedures.
Key Outcomes -
- Documents and repaired reports are produced and issued in s timely and accurate manner.
- All transactions processed and information provided has been checked for accuracy and completeness.
- Supplier paid in a timely manner and queries dealt with effectively.
- Supplier reconciliations are completed on time and reviewed by an appropriate person. .
- Procedures are adhered to and fully documented.
- To provide support to the Assistant Accountant
Essential sills and experience -
- Energy , enthusiasm and drive to work hard and learn as part as a experience team.
- Positive , Polite , organized and professional in everything that they do
- Ability to work efficiently without high levels of supervision.
- Experience of working in teams and alone, and delivering to challenging deadlines.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office , Excel and Word.
- Proven to work methodically , follow procedures and manage time .
- Proven ability to communicate effectively - in writing , face to face and by phone.
- Understands the context in social Housing.
- Previous experience in SUN Accounting.
- GCSE level 5 or equivalent in mathamatics.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.