£13 - 15 per hour
about 1 month ago
Temp till the end of February (possibly ongoing), £13-15ph
A very exciting role has become available for a Facilities Officer to support the day to day running of the facilities, building maintenance, refurbishments, projects and Health and Safety of properties. The Facilities officer will deal with matters planned and arising in relation to Estates, security, customer service and emergencies.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
- The Facilities Officer will maintain all buildings to a safe standard, ensuring compliance with all health and safety, fire and environmental legislation and standards, identifying and responding to hazards in a timely manner.
- Engage with approved contractors to deliver contracted services including but not limited to security, maintenance, mail, cleaning, office moves, catering, waste disposal and recycling across all premises, as agreed by Office Services Management.
- Coordinate and support departmental projects whilst ensuring minimum disruption to core activities.
- Assisting with and responding to all audits and reports including statutory matters (e.g. Fire Risk Assessment, Energy Performance) and anything specified or prioritised by the Facilities Manager or Office Services Management.
- The Facilities Officer will respond to emergencies across the estate, (e.g. major floods, power outages, major system failures, windows crashing etc.) utilising judgement and skill (escalating to Facilities Manager where necessary) to make safe or preventing unsafe access / use of buildings or facilities, and assisting with emergency evacuations.
- Maintain legal compliance of estate accessibility, including maintenance of disabled lifts, accessible doors and ramps, arranging (and where necessary undertaking) DSE assessments for employees and implementing agreed reasonable adjustments.
- Assist with fire and emergency evacuation drills, planning, undertaking and feeding back and liaising with internal and external stakeholders as necessary, including testing, activations and records management.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.