£43k - 48k per year
4 months ago
Up to £48,000
My client are looking for a strong Facilities Manager to look after a small number of their London offices. This is a very exciting client direct opportunity where the Facilities manager will need to have strong sub-contractor management withing facilities management.
The Facilities Manager will deliver the day to day operations across a given property portfolio to a high-quality customer focussed Facilities Management service contributing to a safe and secure working environment for internal stakeholders, visitors and contractors. The Facilities Manager will work closely with and report to the Facilities Operations Manager, have responsibility for managing the Facilities Assistant ensuring they reflect the values and standards of the Group.
Key result areas:
- To have excellent familiarity with the property portfolio though the performance of building checks (monthly/quarterly) to ensure all aspects of the working environment is safe and secure, the buildings are clean and free from hazards and the building fabric is in good condition and adequately maintained. Furthermore, adopting a proactive approach to building management, takes ownership of all properties within their remit to develop a good service. This will include external health and safety inspections and/or audits as required by the business.
- Managing the performance of statutory compliance checks by the team, or adherence of any such tests are carried out by a third-party supplier, including but not limited to water checks, emergency light testing and fire alarm testing. Where the FM is the Responsible Person monitoring the actions raised by the team to a satisfactory conclusion to ensure the buildings under their remit are compliant.
- Managing the delivery of the M&E maintenance plan, both planned and reactive, in accordance with the contract ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner and on budget. Dealing with tasks or repairs that fall outside the SLA and taking the necessary action to manage the escalation of the repair to the FOM where required.
- Collaborating with the FM team to development the Forward Maintenance Register of capital asset renewal.
- Have an excellent understanding of the soft service contracts and their planned/periodic schedules to ensure high standards of the contract are delivered and escalating issues as necessary to the Soft Services FM.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- A good understanding of statutory regulations and approved codes of practice (ACOP); Fire, Legionella, Asbestos, Gas, Electricity et al;
- Experince of working in a similar role, supporting a property portfolio and several service lines within an operations team;
- Stakeholder management experience;
- Experience of dealing with Facilities Management delivered through a mixed economy of in-house and outsourced provision;
- Being fully conversant with Health & Safety legislation.
Education / Qualifications:
- Membership with BIFM
- IOSH Managing safely or NEBOSH General Certificate
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.