£55k per year
FMJ Jobs - 0325
about 1 month ago
Viapath is a scientific organisation with a clinical purpose and is part of SYNLAB Group, Europe’s leading provider of laboratory diagnostic services. Working in partnership with Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals, King’s College Hospital, Princess Royal University Hospital and local CCG networks, we aim to set the standard for the future of pathology.
This role is based in Viapath Services which provides and manages Viapath’s laboratory facilities, including all equipment, consumables, maintenance services and LIMS.
To ensure staff have a safe working environment and all Statutory compliance, OH&S activities, FM services, and Business as usual (BAU) Activity within our occupied demise are implemented and aligned with SYNLAB UK & Ireland Transformation & BAU activity. This will involve working closely with the Trusts Estates Teams and Trust Estates Management office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Environment/Estates compliance with all policies as required by regulatory directives, accreditation bodies and local management including: UKAS, Business Unit policies and standard operating procedures (SOP’s), MHRA, NHSCSP, HTA, HFEA, Health & Safety Executive (HSE), and any other body in area of responsibility.
- Produce and manage SOP’s and local policies to cover all aspects of Health & Safety (H&S) and management of equipment and suppliers taking into account UKAS and legislative requirements.
- Maintain service quality within the facilities areas of responsibility.
- In conjunction with the senior managers and local business units, maintain a schedule of maintenance contracts, equipment covered, value and expiry/renewal dates, ensuring continuous cover at all times.
- Provide expert advice and leadership to scientific and support staff in all matters relating to H&S.
- Provide training to Pathology management and staff (Hub) and ensure all Lab staff based at the hospital sites are fully up to date with mandatory training provided by the Trusts.
- Report and investigate all incidents and adverse events associated with both H&S and Facilities Management (FM) in a timely manner, conduct root cause analysis and take remedial action as required.
- Monitor Helpdesk and be the first point of contact for staff reporting H&S and FM issues, log and escalate as appropriate.
- Support the Head of Estates Viapath in the delivery of the overall FM service strategy on each SEL site.
- Control and supervise all facilities related services including building and ground maintenance, cleaning, security, and parking.
- Implement, plan and oversee building works/renovation as required as well as capital projects as they are assigned.
- Plan, project, manage, supervise and coordinate the work of appointed contractors, ensuring permit to work permissions are addressed in line with local site security procedures at the Hub and work has been completed satisfactorily and in accordance with contract terms.
- Manage the maintenance and calibration of multisite equipment (non-analytical) and verification of the certification provided by external contractors (e.g. centrifuge, pipette, refrigeration, balances, microscopes etc)
- Manage and conduct audits relating to building and facilities.
- Ensure that the equipment within area of work is maintained and operated as per SOP’s and UKAS standards.
- Liaise with local fire service and trust fire safety advisors to provide fire evacuation plans, documentation and risk assessments.
- Liaise with TU H&S representative to facilitate appropriate inspections are undertaken in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure all documentation requirements for FM are recorded and maintained, including financial documentation, compliance calendar and contractors booked visits, fire log books, water temp logs, waste records, first aid goods etc.
- Be an ambassador for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Communicate and role model the values and behaviours of SYNLAB.
- Communicate efficiently, courteously and with clarity at all times, whether face to face, telephone or electronic methods referring enquiries to senior staff where appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty, when requested to do so by an appropriate manager.
- Demonstrate on going competency against training plans and participate positively in CPD (continuous professional development) activities.
- Complete all statutory, mandatory and essential training within timeframes specified.
The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with the grading of the post. The job description may be subject to change and, if so, this will take place in consultation with the post holder.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about patients, staff and Health Service business in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018).
Equality & Diversity
Viapath is committed to achieving equality of opportunity for all staff and for those who access services. You must work in accordance with equal opportunity policies/procedures and promote the equality and diversity agenda of Viapath.
Viapath is a healthcare organisation and smoking is actively discouraged and is prohibited in the majority of our locations. Employees are not permitted to smoke or use e-cigarettes anywhere within any location in which they work or when outside on official business unless designated specifically for smoking or vaping purposes.
Data Protection Act
Employees must not, without prior permission, disclose any information regarding patients or staff. In circumstances where it is known that a member of staff has communicated such information to an unauthorised person, those staff will be liable to dismissal. Moreover, the Data Protection Act (2018) also renders an individual liable to prosecution in the event of unauthorised disclosure
- Appropriate graduate/post graduate qualifications specific to job role (e.g. NEBOSH/IOSH and relevant facilities qualifications)
- BIFM Qualification Level 4 or evidence of equivalent qualification and experience
- RCA training or evidence of equivalent qualification and experience
- Proven experience in similar role/s within an NHS Environment
- Can demonstrate an expert level of understanding of how a commercial building works
- Can clearly describe and understands the functional use of M&E services within a commercial building
- Can demonstrate what working in an accredited organisation means for FM related issues including working to H&S standards
Skills and Aptitudes/Knowledge/Ability
- Expert knowledge of National guidelines and protocols relating to Pathology, Procurement and Facilities Management
- Knowledge and understanding of COSHH
- Knowledge and understanding of Trade Union legislation regarding H&S and FM
- Knowledge and understanding of UKAS requirements
- Expert knowledge of computer applications including procurement systems (SAPS type), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and BIM systems
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise conflicting tasks to respond to operational needs in a timely manner
- Expert interpretive and diagnostic skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently, courteously and with clarity to a wide audience (Trust, Strategic Management)
- Ability to show initiative with good decision-making and influencing skills
- Ability to travel to multi-site locations in South East London
- Reporting skills including preparing, updating and presenting reports with a keen eye for detail and accuracy to senior operational management
- High degree of accuracy and numeracy
- Knowledge of Major Incident Plan & BCP arrangements for Critical Services
- Can demonstrate knowledge/understanding of National guidelines and protocols within Procurement and Facilities Management and/or pathology
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.