£28k - 35k per year
0203 176 4790
3 months ago
Facilities Manager required for a luxury retirement village based in Buckinghamshire. This impressive complex is a wonderful place to work with attention spent on the finer things in life the role of Facilities Manager will hold responsibility for the general upkeep of the buildings.
The role is to maintain and develop the services which support and improve the effectiveness of daily operation.
The success of the village is dependent on all of its services running to an exceptionally high standard. It contributes to the delivery of the strategic and operational objectives. On a day-to day level, effective facilities management provides a safe and efficient working and living environment, which is essential to the performance of the village and the lifestyle of our owners.
• Estate Management – Grounds / Exterior
• Day-to-Day responsibility for the general upkeep of all properties to a high standard whilst carrying out maintenance, gardens & grounds and heavy housekeeping duties.
• Day-to-Day responsibility of all legislative controls, processes and procedures working closely with Village Manager, Area General Manager and departmental staff.
• Supervision of the management, development, rostering and welfare of departmental staff.
• To ensure the smooth running of the maintenance, grounds & gardens and heavy housekeeping of the village.
• To have good all-round technical knowledge and experience of general trades and a practical disposition.
• To action any maintenance concerns highlighted in a timely fashion.
• To ensure all stock and equipment is secure and stored as per standard and legislative compliance.
• To ensure the efficient operation of services and equipment such as the communication system, alarm system, fire alarm system and appliances, lifts etc. Ensure that all legislative controls, checks and maintenance are adhered to.
• To ensure daily, weekly and monthly administration is to company standards and meets deadlines including stocks, payroll and operational expenditure reporting etc.
• Identify and qualify defects
• Educated to a minimum of GCSE with grade C or above in Maths and English
• Computer literate including Microsoft Office
• Good technical electrical and mechanical skills along with experience in project management
• Knowledge of Health & Safety working practices, COSHH, RIDDOR etc.
• Experience in managing budgets and controlling costs (expenses & payroll)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Lead manage and motivate a small team as well as being part of a larger team Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and produce creative solutions
• Need to be quality driven with a logical and methodical approach
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise
• Current & Full driving licence
• Health & Safety Qualification, NEBOSH General Certificate, IOSH Managing Safely
• SSSTS preferable
• Pool plant operator’s licence