£26k per year
0203 176 4790
9 months ago
Peabody Housing Association in London, one of the city's oldest and largest, owns and manages around 55000 homes in London and the south east. Following a department restructure there are a number of permanent vacancies in Facilities Management Department.
Purpose of the role:
To provide an effective and efficient first point of contact with all visitors, telephone callers and undertake administrative functions in accordance with service policy and procedures.
Key result areas:
- To have an excellent familiarity with the property portfolio though the performance of building checks (daily/weekly) to ensure all aspects of the working environment are safe and secure, the buildings are clean and free from hazards and the building fabric is in good condition and adequately maintained. Furthermore, adopting a proactive approach to building management, takes ownership of all properties within their remit to develop a good service.
- Working with the Facilities Manager (FM) have a good understanding of the soft service contracts and their planned/periodic schedules to ensure high standards of the contract are delivered raising contractual issues or improvements to the Soft Services FM.
- To perform a range of statutory compliance checks, or ensure adherence of any such tests are carried out, to include but not limited to water checks, emergency light testing and fire alarm testing. At the conclusion of testing, raises the necessary reports and provides the data to the Facilities Manager (FM) for their information or action as necessary.
- Actions service requests raised through the helpdesk in a timely manner, working with the customer within the facilities service level agreements (SLAs). Responsible for escalating tickets to the FM that breach, or are likely to breach the SLA. Have a proactive approach to raising tickets found during building inspections.
- Actively manages all the communal parts of the building, including informal spaces and meeting rooms, to ensure standards are maintained and/or exceeded. Reporting IT issues where appropriate.
- To manage the day to day supply and stock of consumables required throughout the offices and print hubs. Maintain stock levels required by the maintenance team and to raise orders to the FM when required. Monitor stock levels used by the cleaning contractor ensuring areas are clean and safe and dangerous substances are stored in the appropriate manner.
- To be the focal point for all contractors arriving on site, provide inductions and site familiarisation when necessary and to oversee work being carried out. Ensuring the permits to work (PTW) are issued and closed at the end of each visit and filed.
- Working with the business actively encourages and promotes a shared working environment and a clear desk policy. Where breaches may occur, works with the wider team to reduce or remove the risk. Furthermore, working with the FM assists with space management.
- To prepare, scan, publish and index files received by the team across the group, ensuring the scanned documents are of a high quality and completed to the clients’ satisfaction. All scanning is to be completed within current data protection guidelines and best practise.
- To assist with incident management and control duties as part of a local response or wider disaster recovery event. This includes duties relating to fire and first aid.
- Positively respond to both our internal and external customers through effective communication and personal accessibility.
- To perform reasonable requests or duties when requested not limited to covering reception, distributing mail or escorting visitors. There is an expectation that some out of hours work may be also be expected for operational reasons or during projects. This role also requires travel to other properties within the property portfolio.
Key performance indicators
- Adherence and evidence of statutory compliance checks being carried out and documented
- Building facilities in a presentable manner at all times
- Facilities SLA’s met or exceeded
- Good working relationship and reputation with stakeholders
- To work as part of a team across a variety of sites (either in Central London, Thamesmead/M25 or Essex and the surrounds) attending sites as and where required
- To work in a form of “Continental Shift Pattern” between the core hours of 0800 and 1730 (normally 7 hours per day FTE) being flexible to ensure that the core service is delivered.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Basic understanding of statutory regulations and approved codes of practice (ACOP); Fire, Legionella, Asbestos, Gas, Electricity.
- Experience of working in a similar role, supporting a property portfolio and several service lines within an operations team is preferable;
- Basic understanding of health and Safety legislation;
- Good Microsoft Office package skills
Education / Qualifications:
- Working towards an Associate membership with BIFM or equivalent preferable;
- H&S Awareness training;
- Statutory building compliance courses i.e.C&G Legionella Awareness Training;
- Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid Certificate and Fire Marshall trained.
The closing date for applications is Weds 11th July at 5pm. Interviews will take place WC 13th July. Please contact Tamara Barnard on 0203 1764790 or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment has been exclusively retained for this campaign. All direct and third applications will be forwarded to Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.