£35k - 42k per year + Package
about 1 month ago
Ex Military Engineers | Resettlement to Civilian Life
Have you served in an engineering position within the Royal Navy, Army or RAF? Are you looking for re-settlement opportunities back in Civvy Street?
We recruit within the commercial building services industry where many Senior Management staff come from a military background.
The closest role is within the Navy due to HVAC / Plant equipment on ships / submarines being almost identical to the equipment in most commercial premises. However, trade backgrounds with the Military and RAF can still be very transferable with training provided.
The reasons this industry suits this background:
- Many engineers and senior management staff with the same background who know where your expertise lay and what development / training you need.
- Attractive starting salary / package
- High amounts of additional earnings on overtime
- Extremely clear progression route into management
- Recession proof industry - when construction stops, all buildings need to maintained
- Very smooth transition with similar equipment
- Working in high end environments opposed to building sites or train tracks
- The UK industry is booming and the more that is built, the more needs to be looked after
- Skills shortage - candidate driven market with rising salaries a lot faster than the rate of inflation at present
We do specialise in the Capital City and Home Counties (London, Kent, Surrey, Berkshire, Surrey, Sussex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex). Please apply if you would consider re-location or open to commuting to these locationsa.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.