£35k - 40k per year
9 months ago
Ex Armed Forces | Engineers | London
Have you served or currently servicing in the Armed Forces? Are you looking for a new position within Civvy Street?
I am currently seeking Ex Forces Engineers from the Army, Navy and RAF. Whether you work on the electrical, electronics, mechanical or AC side we are always looking for strong technicians.
I recruit within the commercial building services market where bases, ships, subs and etc are extremely similar! You will actually be very surprised actually how similar the equipment is and it will certainly be more basic than what you are used to.
Reasons why Ex Services Engineers go into this industry:
- Familiar equipment and duties so it is not completely Alien.
- A lot of the management and other engineers come from a similar background and know your skill set / knowledge very well.
- A very clear progression scheme from engineering, supervising and management.
- Attractive starting salary and also clear progression on this side
- High amounts of training provided
- High earnings on overtime available
- Recession proof, next time a financial crisis hits, all projects / construction will come to a halt but existing buildings will always need to be maintained.
- Electrical - lighting, emergency lighting, fault finding, wiring, power distribution, sockets, circuits, transformers, HV/LV on certain sites
- Mechanical - HVAC Plant, Boilers, Air Handling Units, Fan Coil Units, Generators, Cooling Towers, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), pumps, motors, filters, fans, condensers etc
- BMS - Building Management System / Watch Keeping - Monitoring, temperature changes etc
- Fabric - Basic plumbing, carpentry, lifting and shifting etc
For a conversation in further detail, please submit a CV and I will give you a call.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.