Hammersmith & Fulham
£50k - 60k per year + Car/Allowance + Bonus + Package
about 1 month ago
Estimator / Cost Planner / QS
Up To £60,000 salary + car / allowance and package
West London inc some WFH
Our client are a leading national construction contractor, the role is to lead the commercial elements on a key West London Frameworks pre-construction team
We are looking for a competent and ambitious Estimator / Cost Planner with a proven track record of analytical estimating and cost planning to tight deadlines and knowledge of the refurbishment sector. You will also need to have broad knowledge of construction methods, and experience of working with estimating software and Excel. To be successful in the role you will be self-motivated and an excellent communicator, able to work as part of a team and deliver results.
- Undertake and manage the coordination and final preparation of tender documentation to ensure best bid solution for the Company and ensure an adequate return on the resources employed.
- Liaise closely with the Commercial and Pre-Construction Teams and maintain a clear view of the Company’s strategy and objectives including bidding and pricing tactics.
- Assess contract conditions, provide advice on and quantity the risk to all relevant parties and offer solutions where required.
- Develop awareness of clients’ processes and procedures for bid evaluation.
- Effectively plan tenders to ensure timely and accurate preparation of tender documentation and pricing information resulting in a quality submission.
- Ensure tenders are effectively produced - enquiries are sent to supply chain in a timely manner, supply chain quotations are compared accurately and ensure compliance; prelim costs are prepared accurately; risks are identified and escalated; constraints are identified, communicated and managed etc.
- Understand local government needs and aspirations including Best Value and the Audit Commission/executive Service Inspection.
- Contribute to effective team collaboration within the wider business, communicating regularly with operations and commercial teams.
- Prepare tenders from architect’s drawings, specifications, bill of quantities, pre-priced schedule of rates supplied by the client, including detailing materials necessary for the contract to achieve specification.
- Identify project risks, develop and produce a risk register to assist in the decision making and cost management process to facilitate calculation of contingency amount.
- Understand business development and the bidding market place including competitor environment and market forces (regional variation).
- Compile and present statistical data for pricing/bid analysis, interpretation and explanation of data.
- Understand labour productivity measured as output per worker and output per labour hour including productivity increasing/improvement techniques.
- Attend meetings such as handover meetings, design meetings, bid meetings etc. and assist in preparation of contract mobilisation plans and provide insight into the details of the tender.
- Track record of winning profitable work.
- Good understanding of business development and the bidding market place.
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Access and keen to extend knowledge on software packages.
- Working knowledge of marketing and economic factors.
- Flexible approach to working to meet tender deadline
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.