£20.98 - 20.98 per hour
about 1 month ago
We are currently working with a well established client who is on the lookout for an experienced Environmental Health Team Manager to join the team for a long term contract. The main purpose of the role will be to manage a team and those responsible for Commercial, Housing and Pollution.
1. To be responsible for the management, direction and development of a team of staff, including determining and setting priorities, analysing changes in patterns of workload, and allocating work accordingly, setting and ensuring the achievement of, standards of performance in conformity with relevant legislation.
2. To monitor the performance of staff within the team, review the allocation of staff in order to optimise the use of staff resources and improve service delivery.
3. To lead on an area of the service as allocated, provide advice in that lead area and develop policies and procedures. To monitor service delivery and performance both in respect to members of the team and the lead area, and to advise the Environmental Health Manager on performance and capacity to meet requirements.
4. To assist the Environmental Health Manager in relation to the service budget by
a) identifying needs and contributing to the collation of budgetary information,
b) assisting in the preparation of budgetary estimates, and
c) monitoring and controlling expenditure on areas of the budget as allocated.
5. To prepare and present reports as required, including attendance at committees, working parties, etc. as necessary.
6. To identify, and draw to the attention of the Environmental Health Manager, changes in legislation affecting the service, prepare reports and ensure the effective implementation of changes in service delivery.
7. To recommend and formulate policies, procedures within the lead area of responsibility.
8. To receive and evaluate reports of contraventions of the various statutes and determine the action to be taken, including where necessary recommendations to the Environmental Health Manager in accordance with the scheme of delegation in force. To attend Court, public enquiries, industrial tribunals or other forums.
9. To provide professional advice on matters related to the lead area/work of the team - liaising with other departments/directorates, outside bodies in the public and private sector, voluntary groups, members of the public, elected representatives - issue advice and instructions to staff and give interpretations of existing and future legislation as required.
10. To assist the Environmental Health Manager in the preparation and submission of service Plans, BVPI reports and other reports to the Head of Service/Director.
11. To participate in interdisciplinary teams on corporate initiatives on other working group activities as requested.
12. To represent the Head of Service and Environmental Health Manager as and when required, including acting for the organisation under delegated powers and giving evidence in legal proceedings and Public Enquiries, and attendance at committees.
13. To carry out investigations/inspections and enforcement duties, particularly those of a complex nature, as necessary. To include response to, and investigation of complaints and enquiries on matters relevant to the lead area of specialism and team.
14. As appropriate to approve specifications and tender documents for contracts and negotiate on variation orders and specifications with consultants, contractors and supervising officers in accordance with standing orders.
15. To review, identify and make recommendations on training needs on issues relating to the team's area of activity and the lead area of responsibility, and to undertake training as necessary; to devise and provide training to staff in other directorates and outside bodies where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role for at least two years and experience in Statutory Nuisance Investigations/ASB Investigations would be beneficial.
This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.