£60k - 70k per year + bonus, pension, health + others
4 months ago
£60-70k + great benefits
My client are looking for an Plumbing biased M&E Engineering Manager (building services) based in central London to work for a high end luxury brand. The Engineering Manager will work in a public facing, high footfall environment so experience of this will be helpful. This is an exciting role for an Engineering Manager who is looking to work in a prestigious place that will look good on your CV!
Responsibilities for the Engineering Manger (plumbing bias):
* Responsible for the day-to-day operations of mechanical installations, including plumbing, public health, sprinkler / hydrant, chilled water and LTHW systems
* To provide a peer engineering overview of all Plumbing projects undertaken within the main building and linked buildings, ensuring correctness of design, installation, commissioning, and record documentation.
* To manage and lead the operational Plumbing team members (Days and Nights), helping them to achieve their objectives.
* To manage and actively support the day-to-day planned and reactive maintenance programme and develop plans for future works.
* To ensure that all work is in line with industry best practice adhering to relevant Health and Safety Regulations and any other Legal requirements.
* To develop and lead a resilient plumbing team to help ensure services are delivered.
* To continually develop own knowledge in line with industry best practice and engage with development objectives set by the business.
* To support the Senior Engineering Manager and deputise where appropriate.
* To develop/implement a strategy for improving the efficiency and resilience of plumbing services, infrastructure, and resources.
* Be an active member of the Facilities Leadership Team, using subject matter expertise and experience to support and develop the department.
* Support Facilities Duty Managers when scheduled to do so - tbc but intent will be one/two late shifts per week and one weekend in 4.
Experience/ Knowledge for the Engineering Manager:
* Possess a good all-round knowledge of building services in general, but especially plumbing, public health, sprinkler / hydrant, chilled water and LTHW systems.
* Active in the Leadership Team and supports Duty Management requirements to provide operational engineering cover for weekends, bank holidays and late-night store opening - 1 Weekend in 4 with rota off days, 1 or 2 late weekday cover until store closing and Bank Holidays.
* Suitably qualified to a minimum C&G level, formally apprenticeship trained and possess technical knowledge and experience of general mechanical works, pipefitting & plumbing.
* Formally trained in the control and management of Legionella.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in the plumbing equipment industry.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.