£42k - 48k per year + Pension, Health
about 1 month ago
My client is seeking an Engineering Manager/ Senior MEP Engineer to work client direct their team in London. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for delivering a programme of projects, planned preventative maintenance of MEP services, reactive service requests for Corporate Facilities Management's contractors and for professional MEP advice as requested.
The Engineering Manager will work closely within Technical Services team to ensure that all projects for the division are delivered on time, within budget and attain the required quality standards.
The Engineering Manager will also work with and direct cross functional project teams, facilities managers, staff and external contractors to deliver cost effective, sustainable and compliant projects across the property portfolio and provide post project performance reviews.
- Carry out diagnostic inspections and surveys for repairs and maintenance and prepare specifications, schedule of works and associated cost estimates where required in accordance with legislative standards, British / European Standards.
- Assist in updating and revising their Forward Maintenance Plan (FMP) in accordance with the divisional Capital Investment Strategy.
- Report on to the MEP Services Manager, ensuring that accurate records of all surveys and inspections etc, including dates and relevant observations and instructions given at the time, are stored in accordance with the divisional procedures.
- Ensure that all fees relating to the MEP services are reviewed periodically, clearly documented and recharged to clients as appropriate.
- Review and sign-off of contracts issued on behalf of the MEP team, ensuring that contracts comply with the Council's CSOs and divisional procedures.
- Manage the allocation of post-inspections of repairs and maintenance works in order to monitor the quality of work carried out in accordance with the required service standards and ensure that all required corrective action is completed as required to agreed timelines.
- To undertake benchmarking exercises of CFMs contractors in accordance with divisional procedures.
- To manage the allocation and approval of quotations for CFMs contractors in accordance with divisional procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance by suppliers and contractors with respect to health and safety, energy efficiency, sustainability, and other policy and regulatory standards and targets.
- To ensure that all relevant purchase orders, payment application certificates, associated invoices and final account statements are processed promptly and accurately in accordance with the Council's CSOs and divisional procedures.
Previous Experience for the Engineering Manager:
- Previous experience of mechanical, electrical and plumbing building services within a multi-
disciplined facilities management team across a diverse estate; preferably within the public sector.
- Sound mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering, building services experience, including planned preventative maintenance and contracts management.
- Experience of managing tendering and procurement processes.
- Experience of managing contractual claims and successfully negotiating with contractors.
- Holds an appropriate professional qualification such as HNC/HND or equivalent in a mechanical and/or electrical engineering discipline.
- Health & Safety qualification i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH etc.
- Project Management qualification i.e. PRINCE2.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety
- considerations in managing contracts.
- Knowledge of financial control systems.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.